34.Miscommunication

Shawn pov

Jess and I haven't talked since thanksgiving. We saw each other at school and she ignored me as usual. At some point, I began to question that our time at the bay was just a distraction for her. Was I played?

"Hey, who are you going with to the winter ball?" Owen's voice brought me back to reality. We were talking about the winter ball. "Ugh, the ball is only a week away and I've got nothing to wear." Eva groaned. "I don't know. I wasn't planning to go to be exact," I shrugged and they all look at me with what on earth look. "Shawn, this ball is a big deal," Sofia stated. "It's the biggest ball the entire school holds every year," she continued, "Not to mention it will boost your rep or education," Owen added.

"Like how?" I asked in confused. "During the ball, deans from some famous college came and scout the perfect applicants for the future," Eva explained. "And you'll have to be on your best behavior if you want to impress them," Sofia added. "I bet the kids in Empire are preparing something big for the ball," Owen stated. "They have already a good chance to be enrolled in famous university. What do they want this time?" Eva sighed. "They are blending with the normal kids to make the deans see that they are humble," Sofia remarked. "That's their plan. They want to impress the deans and take the opportunity from us," she added. "They are evil," Eva shook her head.

"Who are evil?" Malia and Kira walked to us. "Perfect timing," Owen murmured. Behind them was Cameron and Brad. "I still don't like the idea of going to the greatest ball at the school with the so called normal kids," Kira groaned. "What do you want?" Eva asked. "A little birdie convinced us that it's a good idea for us to hang out with you losers at the ball," Cameron stated. "As Malia and I are going as a date, we need a date for Kira and Brad," he continued. "What if we say NO?" Eva questioned. "If I were you, I wouldn't. We all know our rep will boost yours," Brad explained. "It's a friendly offer," Cameron added.

Owen and Eva looked at each others. Then they look at me and Sofia."It's okay guys. We're fine," Sofia smiled and I nodded. "Fine, I will go with you, Kira. I know you're not looking for a gay guy but," Owen said. "Perfect. I mean it's a friendly date after all," Kira interrupted. "And Eva?" Brad asked. "Fine. I'm going only because of the reputation," she rolled her eyes. "And I'd like to invite all of you to the after party," Cameron announced. "To show you guys to have real fun," Malia smirked. "We're okay with our little group, Malia," I said. "I'm just doing a favor. I don't want to invite you either" she glared at me. "Jess, didn't say like that," Kira whispered but we all heard that.

"Jess?" Sofia snapped. "She was asking us a favor not to make your lives miserable at the winter ball," Brad sighed. "I wonder what had gotten into her head, lately," Malia blurted out. "So, you're all doing this just because Jess asked it?" I asked and they nodded. "I'm not going with you then," Eva stated and Brad was like what on earth. "I'm not going with you either," Owen told Kira, she glared at him. "Fine then. We will make your lives miserable at the winter ball," Cameron threatened. "Or don't even come to the ball, honey," Malia echoed as they walked away from us.

Jess pov

I'm a coward. Shawn and I shared a kiss and now I'm ignoring him like a bitch I am. Why isn't he talking to me then? "You are quiet then usual," Dylan said as he sat beside me. "I can be quiet if I want to," I said. "Where were you at thanksgiving? You know, I was waiting for you," he stated. "Sorry. I had to be somewhere else," I sighed. Suddenly the school's band walked to us wile playing My Girl. Everyone started staring at us. I looked at Dylan with confusion. He stood up and turned his face to me. "Jessie Fallon Maxwell, will you go to the ball with me?" he smiled as he handed me a little red box.

I was tensed for a while. Dylan and I had been going to the ball together since Junior High and every year he would make the request special. I completely forgot about him since my mind was occupied with Shawn. To be honest, I want to go to the ball with Shawn and it will never happen. "Jess?" Dylan's brought me back from my thoughts. "Gladly," I smiled as I took the present. I opened it and saw a beautiful necklace saying My Girl. "You're always extra, Dylan," I said and he just chuckled. " I have to if I want to keep up with you," he winked at me. "The best best friend ever," I rolled my eyes and he laughed.

Then I saw Shawn walking to us. He seemed pissed. Oh, is he jealous? Smirking, I leaned in and gave Dylan a kiss on the cheek. "What was that for?" Dylan smiled as he was surprised. I could see Shawn's surprised face too. "That's a thank you kiss. I gotta go now," I said and walked to Shawn.

"Hi, fancy seeing you here," I smiled.He glared at me. "I want to know why you made your friends to go out with us at the ball," he said. "I'm trying to help you. I've got a promise that they won't bother you or your little loser friends," I said, bluntly. "And why is that? We don't definitely need anyone sympathy," he continued, this time his voice was stiff. "I'm making up for what I've done. I can't changed who I am within a few days. And I want to be on Sofia's good side," I sighed. "No. You're doing this only because you need her approval to see your nephew," he looked me in the eyes. I could sense disappointment. "You played me. You said you're trying to change but the truth is you're just a selfish girl who loves to play with feelings. And you will never change," he shook his head and then walked away before I get the time to explain.