9.The tryout

Jessie pov

I was at the cheerleading meeting.Every year, we have to make the tryout for the freshman.Every girl in our school wants to be in Foxes,our cheerleading squad. It was kinda boring since Lilian was explaining everything in details.Lilian is one of my fellow cheerleaders.Most of the cheerleaders may be mean and bad but they never dare to bother us, the members of Empire.Boys want us and girls envy us.And my eyes spotted someone who isn't belong here.Sofia.Seeing her, in her cheerleading outfit made me remember Scott.I went to her.

"Seem like someone is lost instead of watching from afar,"I smirked at her. "No, I'm here for the tryout,"she answered. "You? The tryout? Haven't heard that you've back into cheerleading lately,"i snorted. "I just want to spend my last high school year meaningfully,"she sighed. "Oh right.You've been out of spotlight for two years and you want back your place,right?"I smirked. "But don't you think, Scott also deserves to pass high school?"I questioned. "I've lived my life feeling guilty for two years.Now,can't I be free?"she asked. "No, you won't.Anyway,good luck,"i smirked and went back to my friends.

The tryout began and it was Sofia's turn.Luckily,I was her judge.She did a back flip and cartwheel which the others were impressed.But as a captain, I have the right not to pick her.And I did what I wanted.Because I don't want to be on the same team with her.After the cheerleading tryout,Malia and I joined Amy and Kira who were at the field, watching lacrosse tryout. "How many guys left?"I asked as I sat beside Amy. "Three,I guess."she answered. "Dylan, Cameron and Shawn,"Kira informed. "Shawn, the new guy?"I asked and they nodded.Then,Cameron scored the goal. "Right winker,my boy, Cam!"coach Harris announced and Cameron ran and hugged Malia.

Coach Harris was keeping his eyes on Dylan and Shawn.It was Dylan's turn.He scored it in a second and everyone cheered.Next,was Shawn.But he tripped and missed it. "Okay, new guy, you didn't make me impress,"coach Harris said and Shawn seemed disappointed. "Do-over!"I stood up and all looked at me including Shawn, with his surprise look. "He was tripped, you should give him another chance,"i shrugged. "Do-over,Do-over.Do-over,"Amy started and the others followed her."Alright,Cameron and Dylan, come back here and keep the goal.And Canadian boy, show them what you've got,"coach Harris said.Dylan and Cameron kept the goal.Shawn picked the ball up with his stick, Cameron lunged at him but Shawn dodged him and passed him.Dylan was at the goal and Shawn threw the ball.But Dylan missed it."Okay, you two are co-captains now,"coach Harris announced.