32.Trauma healer

Shawn pov

"Tell me everything you've been keeping to yourself," Jess finally spoke as her gaze never left the window. "My father and I got into a fight," I started the conversation as I started the car engine. "I see. He is busy with his work and you blame him for it, don't you?" Jess asked as she turned her head to face me. "It's normal with my family. I know how it feels, really," she shrugged. She's taking it wrong. It wasn't dad. It was me. Should I tell her about Matthew? "It's suck when someone we love doesn't even have time for us," she pouted. I don't know about the normal Jess since she's always a bitch. But I'm beginning to like the drunk Jess more. She became happier and chattier suddenly. She's kinda cute though. "It's not dad. It's me," I sighed.

"What do you mean?" she asked, her eyes were dazzling. "Matthew was my best friend. We knew each other since we were kids .And we loved lacrosse more than anything," I sated as I tried my best to focus on driving. "Last year, at my school's final lacrosse match, I had made a big mistake," I said. "I was the captain and I made Matt entered the filed. He was always on the bench and all I wanted was that he proved everyone wrong .He was more than just a fragile loser," I continued as I remembered how happy Matt got when he was exchanged with another player. And the look when he was injured.

I couldn't take it anymore so I had to pulled over. I inhaled deeply. "Hey," Jess gave me a pat on my back. "He was injured and in coma," I sighed. "It's was all because of me. If I hadn't make him play, he'd still be with us. Enjoying his teenage years not on his hospital bed!," I yelled. Jess said nothing but she took me in a hug. "There, there, it's not your fault," she whispered. "I know I've said I hate people like you. The truth is I'm one of them. I've ruined my best friend's future," I sighed."We all made mistake and this one is definitely not yours" she said. "You are always a good one. You never want to hurt people and that's a huge difference," she continued. I looked at her, "What about you?"

She was silent. "Well, you know me. I can't be changed," she stated.

"When I found out Liam was Scott's son, I was relief that part of him was still alive," she continued. "And the same time, I regret things I have done to Sofia. She was also a victim. But that doesn't mean I'll forgive her for what she has done to our family. She'd kept Liam away from us all these years." she explained. "All I want right now is to get to know Liam. And she wouldn't let me be," she snapped.

"Maybe she has her own reasons," I suggested. "Like what? Keeping your son away from his other family? We're related by blood and she can't denied it," she retorted. "No. Her mom didn't want her to have Liam. That's why she kept him away from all of you," I explained. "Why are you protecting her?" she asked. "There's no forgiven that my brother died after they fought and she had hidden his son from his family" she stated. "Why don't you ask her directly? Maybe she has answers," I shrugged. "I was going to ask her today and that wasn't exactly how it went," she rolled her eyes. "Okay then. If you want to get to know Liam, maybe you should approach them in less aggressive way," I smirked and she gave me a death glare.

"Maybe I'll think about it," she shrugged. "Admit it, you want to apologize them for what have you done," I joked. "No and I am not apologizing anyone," she retorted. "Are you sure? Maye you should start apologizing by starting with me." I smirked. "Really? You want the apology?" she smirked back as she leaned closer, locking eyes with me. I stared at her ocean eyes for a moment and how much I wanted to kiss those cherry lips. Before thinking twice, my lips made their ways to hers. And here goes my thanksgiving.