26.Devil cannot be changed

Shawn~~~~

I know I was the most stupid person on earth.I rejected her,the one and only Jessie Maxwell.I'm not sure if I like her or not but I do dislike her manners at all.The way she treats other people makes me sick.Especially,when she treats Sofia and Eva.I have seen many boys who have a crush on her,Victor,the nerd,Bolt,the bully and even Hayes,the popular senior.She ignored them all.And I have no idea why she likes me.She might be embarrassed when I talk about this to her.Then Sofia texted me saying that she and Eva are going to the park next week and I'm invited.Josh will also join.It'll be a great time.

The next day at school, I was with Brad heading to the cafeteria.It was crowded.People were watching something.As we went through the crowd, I couldn't believe my eyes.Eva was on the floor crying.Sofia was facing Jess who looks like she is going to crush her into pieces.Beside Jess was the twins insulting Eva.Kira was holding her phone and recording the chaotic moment. "Yeah,I like him,"Sofia answered. "And it is because he isn't like Scott,"she continued.I had no idea why she put Scott here."This isn't good,"Brad mumbled.I always know Jess can be the rest of other cheerleader but I was hoping she was different.I was waiting she'd change her mind and stop bullying my friends.But I was wrong.Quickly,Jess raised her hand to slap Sofia. "Stop!"I yelled as I got all the attention from everyone.No one dares to sand up against Jess but I was.With her eyes wide Jess said, "This isn't what you think."

"Then tell me what should I think when I see the entire thing?"I asked.She was silent. "We were fighting over a boy,"She answered,looking straight into my eyes. "NO.This isn't a fight.This is bullying.You're freaking bullying her,"I snapped. "Then who cares? Everyone seems to be okay,"she retorted, glancing at the silent crowd.They pretended that nothing had happened, just doing their works. "I thought you were changed,"I told her. With her devious grin,Jess answered me, "Nothing can change me." That was when I knew she can't be the one I wanted. "Then I quit Empire,"I announced, making all of their eyes wide.People whispered each other but I didn't care. "Dude, are you serious?"Brad asked in confused.I ignored him and walked to Sofia who was shocked as well. "C'mon,lets go,"I grabbed her hand and walked away from the crowd.

As we were away from the cafeteria, Sofia broke into tears. "I shouldn't have said that,"she sobbed. "It's okay.Everyone knows what Jess did was wrong,"I stated. "Because she loves Scott,"she added. "And why did you tell her like that?And who's that guy you like by the way?"I asked but only to see her blushing face. "I don't know,"she shrugged. "Is he someone I know?"I questioned. "Maybe.I gotta go,bye,"she mumbled and quickly took off. I just watched my best friend escaping me so that she doesn't have to tell me the guy she likes.Something is wrong with this girl.