23.Cheerleading

Jessie~~~

"Sofia likes Shawn,"Kira said looking at her phone. "Where did you hear that?"Malia asked her."From Eva,"she replied."But how?"Amy asked. "I know you wouldn't talk to her for things like this,"I remarked. "Exactly, Max hacked Sofia's phone last night and that's what we've found,"she showed me a conversation of Sofia and Eva.Even though, Sofia denied at first, it was obvious she has a crush on him in that conversation.I couldn't let Shawn falls for her. After class, I was at the cheerleading practice. We were all exhausted but Ms.Holland kept telling us to practise again. "I hate that woman,"Malia muttered and Britney nodded. "It's not fun anymore,"she added.Ms.Holland was in a hurry because there was only a week left before the match.The lacrosse players were practicing across the field.It was my turn to do the stunt.I did a double black flip but my eyes went to Shawn and Sofia.They were laughing.And I twisted my ankle and fell down.The pain was killing me. "Jess,are you okay?"Malia run to me. "My ankle,"I muttered under my breathe while covering my right ankle. "What's going on?"Ms.Holland approached and saw me.Shawn ran to me. "Jess,you okay?"Ms.Holland asked and I shook my head. "Take her to the nurse office,"Ms.Holland told Shawn and left with the others.My ankle was hurting.

Shawn was about to carry me but Dylan interrupted him. "I'll take her to the nurse,"he glared at Shawn and carried me to the nurse office.Unfortunately,I was sent to hospital for my x-ray.The result showed that my ankle was broken and I have to take a break from cheerleading for a while.I couldn't take a break when the match is only a week away.I have to join my team.I looked at my ankle which was cover with bandage. "Sweetheart?"my mom entered the room.I gave her a weak smile. "C'mom,lets go home,"she sighed as we headed to her car.Dylan helped me getting into the car and left.Mom drove home.The ride to home was silent.I was thinking about the match and my team. "Jess,Ms.Holland met me before I come to the hospital,"mom stated. "She said you had to step down for this match,"she continued. "And she said it'd be great if you quit cheerleading since you always cause trouble,"mom sighed.I closed my eyes and rested my head to the car's window so that she thought I was sleeping.But I was broken inside.I love cheerleading and I can't quit it.I can't do this.

When we arrived home, someone was in front of our house.Shawn.My mom helped me to get out of the car. "So who is this handsome fella?"my mom asked him. "Hi,Mrs.Taylor,i'm Shawn Anderson, I'm her friend,"he smiled. "Oh, nice to meet you Shawn.Come in,"my mom smiled. "Mom, it's okay.Could you go first?"I told her and she smiled. "Okay, Shawn, see you later,"she entered the house. "So, what brings you here?"I asked. "Malia told me to bring your bag.She was busy with the practice" he handed my bag. "Thanks,"I smiled.Our eyes met.I was lost in his beautiful eyes and for me,it was a sweet moment.I can't believe I was under his spell.To my surprise, he was staring at me too." I think I gotta go,"he broke the silent moment.It was awkward. "Oh,yeah,bye."I smiled awkwardly and he left.