38.BFF

Jess....

"I knew they'd win," Amy smiled as we watched the lacrosse team cheering. We were at the celebration party of the lacrosse champion. Beacon Hill won this year champion and all of us were over the moon right now. "That's all because my Cam saved the day," Malia smirked as Amy and I eyerolled at her. "Dylan also goaled, fyi," Kira retorted. "Shawn scored the winning gold, didn't you see?" I retorted. "Speaking of witch, what's with you and Shawn?" Kira asked out of nowhere.

"What?" I asked as I acted nothing had happened before the game. They couldn't know we've kissed. "Because I saw Sofia kissed him before the game," Kira answered. "Are they dating?" Amy asked in confusion. "I mean I am shocked to learn that Shawn has low taste, Sofia? Are you serious?" Malia shook in disappointment. "It's their business and I would like you to stop prying on their lives. Live the freaks alone," I changed the subject. "Why would I? Freaks are meant to be terminated," Malia glared at me. "Yeah, we're not on their levels, they should know their place," Amy seconded Malia. "We're going to graduate soon and do you like to carry the feud to the college? I mean, they're also like us," I sighed. "You're weird tonight but I'm gonna say nothing because this is a night to celebrate. Not for cat-fight or any debate," Malia stated. "And most importantly, Dylan wants to see you on the rooftop, now," Amy smiled as they walked to the dancing crowd.

I went to Dylan. The rooftop was quiet. I stared at the stars in the sky, they were shining perfectly tonight. I love being in the rooftop, It makes me calm. "I know you like this place," Dylan remarked as he walked to me. "Amy said you wanted to meet me here. What is it?" I asked. "We have known each other since we were kids," he stated. "And you have always been my best friend," he added. "but something has been bothering me for a long time and I'm scare that I might lose what I have got if I try to reach it," he sighed. "Dylan," I looked into his eyes. "I like you. Like since we were little, I've always liked you," he finally spoke. "And I was scared that I might lose you if I tell the truth," he continued. "But I don't want to regret that I've never got a chance to tell you the truth either," he added and I just listened to him. "If you don't like me at least, please still be my best friend, cause I don't want to lose both in my life," he smiled.

"Dylan, you've always been nice to me. You've protected and taken care of me since we were little. You were my very first friend, my partner in crime and the shoulder I can cry on, "I smiled at him. "But I'm sorry. There's someone already in my heart," I sighed. Dylan gave a small sigh but he smiled after that. "I'm glad I have said the truth and I have never been happier. And also I'm happy for you and Shawn," he added. "So, you knew?" I shrugged and he nodded. "I saw you two before the game," he answered and my face turned red.

"Well, we're not officially dating and I'm sure that kiss doesn't mean anything," I shrugged as embarrassment was killing me. "Relax, Jess. You don't have to be freaking out," Dylan chuckled. "You're still my best friend, right?" He asked and I nodded before giving him a hug. "Thank you for understanding," I said after we broke the hug. "And thank you for being my best friend," he said. "Shall we go back to the party?" he asked. "Absolutely," I smiled. We both chuckled as we went back to the party.

I took a seat near the bar as I watched the dancing crowd. Kira, Max, Dylan and Brad were dancing with some of the lacrosse players. I could spot Malia and Cameron making out at the back of the bar. Amy was talking with the cheerleaders. My eyes went to Shawn who was dancing with Owen and Eva. He looks happy with his little group of friends.

"It's strange to see you not having fun," Sofia sat beside me. "I am having fun," I looked at her. "I'm sorry, for everything I have done to you and your friends," I said and her eyes widen. "Are you drunk?" Sofia asked in confusion. "I'm holding a glass of water," I glared at her. "Or are you being serious?" she asked but this time, I could sense sadness in her eyes. "I am sorry and I mean it. What happened to Scott, it wasn't your fault," I sighed. "And it wasn't yours either," she added. "I know you'd blamed me for what happened, but I also know that you'd blamed yourself more about it," she continued and it was all true. "And I am sorry too. For keeping Liam away from you and your family. You are also his family," she said. I was surprised to hear that.

"Thank you. I-I promise I won't get in your ways in the future. I will also keep my friends out of the line," I said. "That's wonderful, I mean thank you," she smiled. "Is it because of him?" she asked, tilting her head toward Shawn. "We just spoke," Sofia interrupted before I could even answer. "You might know that I have a crush on him, unfortunately he doesn't feel the same," she sighed as she gave a small chuckle. "He said he like someone, and you already know who it is," she said and walked to Shawn and danced with them. Shawn and I made an eye contact but he didn't come to me. I just ignored him and went to the park, alone.