19.The mountain of happiness

Jessie~~~

I was packing for climbing in my room. "Jess,make sure you bring Rebecca's birthday present."mom reminded from outside.I almost forgot the little red box on my nightstand.It was for Rebecca, my mom's best friend and Dylan's mom. Every year, we would spend Rebecca's birthday at the Fosters but this year was different.Instead of keeping the tradition, she and my mom planned to climb.Rebecca and my mom had been best friends since they were little.I really like their friendship and sometimes envy of how they take care for each others.When life is good, they share their joys and happiness.When life turned down, they always get each others back no matter how hard it is. Rebecca was just like my mom and she considers me as I was one of her own. "Jess,come out, we're leaving,"I heard mom's voice from outside.Probably,she was already on the car.I jumped on the car and we headed to the mountain.

The Fosters joined us at the base of the mountain."Hey guys,"Rebecca greeted and hugged the three of us."Hey Meg,it's good to see you again,"Mr.Foster said. "Yeah, it's been a long time,"mom said. "Now, where's my favorite girl?"she continued. "I'm here,Meggie,"said little Nora before she climbed into my mom's arms. "Hey Jess,"someone called me, and I knew whose voice was.Ryan. "Ryan, you're back,"I gave him a smile.He was very different.He became taller and his body was pretty well-built.Seeing him, remind me of Scott.If Scott was alive, I'm sure he'd be cooler than him. "Hey,"Dylan smiled at me.It was one of the rarest smiles he has ever made.His smile was perfect. "Hey,"I smiled back. "C'mon  guys, we should probably go before the sun rise and princess come to daddy,"Mr.Foster said as he was ready to climb.Of course,this is Mr.Foster, he is always ready for stuffs like this.And I think,Dylan's love of nature comes from him too.Nora grabbed his hand and followed him.Behind them, mom and Rebecca walked while chatting.Taylor,Gwen and Ryan, followed behind them.

At the back, it was only me and Dylan. "It's been a long time for a family trip,"he said. "Yeah, everyone was busy, but now we're all free from our daily routine,"I added. "I wanna go to the top of the mountain.It looks very beautiful."I smiled. "Yes, it is,"he nodded.It's been a while that both of our families haven't climb this mountain again.The last time we came was when Gwen was 13, Ryan and Scott, 11 and Tylor was only 1. Dylan and I was 7 and Nora hasn't born yet.And also my parents were still together.Now,Nora's already 4.How times fly like it was just yesterday.My parents,my brother,my sister and me.at least we were happy.