18.The ugly past

Shawn~~~

I went to Sofia and Eva.They were fixing Owen's garage which will be used as a little cafe this summer.They asked me to help them with some paints. "Hey guys,"I called them as I took three red paints. "Red? Perfect,"Eva smiled and took the paints from me. "Thanks for coming here.We have no one expect you,"Sofia smiled at me.She was a beautiful girl underneath her big glasses. "It's okay.You guys can count on me.That's what friends do,"I winked at her with an amused look which made her smile."Alright guys, stop talking and help me with these paints,"Owen yelled from inside.We laughed and help him, painting the wall.We had a wonderful time.

That weekend, I was at the beach with my friends, Brad, Max and Cameron.Malia, Kira and Amy were there too, but Jess was missing.I watched Cameron and Max playing volleyball while Brad staring at the sea."Those guys don't seem to be winning at all,"Malia sighed, lay sunbathing together with Amy. "I was going to ignore at first, but I don't want my boyfriend to lose,"Kira shook her head and joined the guys.They all joined Cameron and Max who were losing to the other team.Brad joined them too. "Hey Shawn, come and join us,"Brad called me but I refused and started walking through the beach.I was bewitched by the beauty of the blue sea.The waves crushed the beach, then made to their ways back to the deep blue ocean. "Hey Shawn,"I heard someone called my name,I turned and saw Sofia "Hey Sofia, what are you doing here?"I asked. "Vacation with my family,"she replied. "What are you doing here?"she continued. "I'm with my friends,"I answered. "You mean the guys of Empire?"she asked and I nodded.Her smile faded away.

"Is Jessie there too?"she continued. "No, I don't see her but why?"i asked. "Nothing, I was just asking,"she smiled but I didn't feel right.I knew there was something between them. "No, you're lying.What happened between you and Jess?"I asked. "Not really.Nothing happened,"she shrugged. "C'mon you can tell me anything.I'm your friend,"I smiled. "Really?"she asked. "Of course,"I nodded. "It was 2 years ago.I wasn't a loser that time.I was one of the cheerleaders and one of the mean girls.Jess was there too.And there was a boy named Scott.He was Jess's brother and my boyfriend.One day, Scott and I fought.Scott stormed out and left me but he never come back.The next day, they found his car in the forest.It hit a tree and he was dead."she mumbled. "Since then,Jess hated me.She thought Scott died because of me.So, she told everyone about how I was part of Scott's death which obviously, was not true.But they believed her and everyone stopped hanging out with me.Later,I became a loser."she continued.I could see the sorrow and loneliness burning inside her eyes. "It was all my fault but I didn't mean it.I shouldn't slap him that day.I should've stopped him,"she confessed as tears falling on her cheek. "I' m sorry to hear about that but it wasn't your fault at all.Maybe Jess was over reacting,"I comforted. Sofia made a fake smile but deep down inside, she was hurt."Hey do you wanna eat ice cream?"i asked and she nodded.