Chapter 7

Emily POV

"You're in the news. Witnesses say they saw a figure in a hood. Nice going slick!" Charlotte was applauding me happily and Spencer marched into the room, "5 dead bodies! You killed them in front of the girl? Are you nuts?!" I smirked, "I have nuts if that's what you mean." Charlotte and I laughed at my joke and Spencer fumed, "this isn't a joke Emily! This is serious! You can't just kill them for the hell of it!"

I glared at her and said, "I was doing my job Hastings. Don't give me the vigilante shit you're about to bring up. The police may want me dead but  my job is to keep her safe and take down Arthur. That's exactly what I'm doing. So you need to cool your shit and chill the fuck out."

She sighed and said, "fine. I'm sorry alright? You're right. Do whatever it takes to save the girl and kill the enemy."

I nodded, "thank you. I got to go to school now." I threw my bag over my shoulder and got into the car, then put the radio on.

"Last night there was a homicide of 5 victims just outside the back parking lot of the Rosewood Day Mall. Witnesses saw our local Rosewood vigilante the Hood or the Arrow running along building roofs. Do we have a murderer on our hands?"

I sighed and walked right to my class, ignoring everyone. High school isn't worth my time. It's retarded. Everyone here is stupid. I am smarter than every kid in this school. Sad right?

When I got into the class Alison was already there, her head hanging, looking at her desk intensely. I raised an eyebrow, taking the seat by her side, "you alright there Princess?" She looked up at me and nodded shakily. I frowned and focused on her, using one of my hidden powers. I can only use my telepathy in certain conditions. The person has to be human. I closed my eyes and entered her mind. I opened my eyes and knew that she was still scared because of last night...she wants to know who saved her. She was mortified. Not just scared. Mortified.

I sent her a mind message and looked down at my paper, starting the Do Now before the first bell rang.

Alison POV

Don't be scared. A voice echoed in my head. I looked around the room but nobody was looking at me. They were focused on their papers. As everyone piled in the voice sounded again. Don't be scared Alison. I looked at everyone, "did you hear that?" I asked and Aria chuckled, "hear what?"

I frowned and rubbed my eyes, "uh...nothing. Just...nothing, never mind." I did my work and bit my lip in confusion. Don't be scared?

How can I just not be scared? The town vigilante killed 5 people in front of my face...But to save my life. Well I don't know that. Maybe he's saving me for last.

But what if he really did want to save me? To protect me? 

I can't think about that. I have to focus on Wuthering Heights. The book. Cathy Earnshaw and Heathcliff...Arrow...No! Alison stop this... The Hood. I groaned and Mr. Fitz stopped reading, "Alison are you alright?"

I sniffled as my body started shaking, thinking about what would've happened if he never showed up. I'd be dead. A rotten body on the ground...Not breathing. I shook my head furiously, "I need to go. Please." Without waiting for a response I ran out of the room, sprinting to my car and  sped off.

Emily POV

When I saw Alison speed away from the class window, I jumped to my feet, "Can I go the the bathroom?" The Mr. Fitz said yes I ran out. I got to my car and follow after her. I looked at my GPS and saw that Charlotte put the bug on Alison's car. I followed where she was going and I saw her pull into a forest entrance. I parked down the road and walked into the forest. When I saw a blonde on a large boulder I got behind bushes and watched her. She started crying and I closed my eyes, sending her a message.

Alison POV

Stop being scared Alison. You're okay. You're going to be okay. I felt a cold breeze rush over me and I shot my head around, looking for whoever was here. I definitely wasn't alone. I knew somebody else was here. But who was it?

"H-hello?" 

There was rustling in a bush and when I turned around the leaves were moving but whoever was there was gone now. I gulped and rubbed my arm nervously, then walked back to my car to drive home. I walked inside and Charlotte was watching TV. "Hey. Something wrong?" She stood up and turned the screen off, clearly seeing my red, puffy eyes from crying. I sniffled, "I was attacked last night."

She gulped and widened her eyes, "you were what? Are you okay? Are you hurt?!" She checked my body and I shook my head, "I'm fine. The Arrow saved me Char...But I thought he'd kill me...Why am I not dead?"

She stared at me and I saw something flicker in her eyes. She wasn't surprised. "You don't look surprised. Why?"

She sighed, then turned around, clearly thinking ."Charlotte, what are you keeping from me?"

"I don't think the Arrow is a bad person Alison."

I frowned, "he killed 5 people in front of me! I saw it! He's a criminal! A murderer!" "Stop labelling people! Maybe...he has his reasons." I raised an eyebrow, "has his reasons? Are you insane? To kill people?!"

"Those 'people' were trying to kill you. Maybe you should thank the Arrow for saving your life before accusing him about being a murderer." She was fueled up and I had not idea why. "Why are you protecting him Char?" I put my hand on her shoulder and she sighed, "never mind. I'm not. I'm just glad you're safe, that's all." She smiled and kissed my forehead, hugging me tight. 

Something's not right here.

Emily POV

I looked inside Alison's window before I left for the night. She was asleep and in bed. I sighed and looked at Charlotte who was waiting for me to come down. "She thinks you're the enemy. And that you're a dude." I chuckled, "I don't need her to think of me as a hero. I just need to protect her."

She smiled and nodded, "see you tomorrow E." I waved and left, going to my house where Spencer was already asleep.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

review and comment loves!

~stay fearless~

caleigh <13