Chapter 43

5 Days Later (4/3/2016)

Emily POV

"Emily we have a problem," Charlotte runs over and I raise an eyebrow, my attention perked. "What happened?"

"Alison's in your guys' cabin. She said you're late. I don't know what for but I know that being late is not good."

I frown and then widen my eyes, "shit! See ya Char. Thanks!" I pat her shoulder and sprint out of the throne room, sprinting down the corridor until I reach our section. I scan my finger and open the door, "hey baby I am so so sorry. I was so booked with commander crap. I'm so sorry," I apologize and Alison looks up at me from a chair, rocking Lexa's crib, "it's fine. I just didn't want to go without you."

I smile and nod, kissing her quickly before I change out of my uniform, putting on my silver button-up shirt with black jeans and I wash my face, taking the paint off of my eyes before I walk over to Alison and she smiles, "you took your uniform off?"

"Of course I did. This isn't business. This is my family," I kiss her forehead and she smiles up at me as I walk us to the medical center. They do the normal check-up routine and then they get the injections for Lexa. 

She doesn't cry. 

Not even once.

I stare admiringly at my gorgeous daughter as she gets all the necessary injections, then the blood test to make sure her night blood is agreeing with her body positively.

"What if something goes wrong?" Alison whispers and I shake my head, "that won't happen love. She's perfect."

Alison leans her head into my shoulder and after a few minutes of waiting the doctor returns, assuring a clean bill of health for Lexa.

By the time we head back to our quarters, it's getting dark so I tell Ali we have to get ready for dinner soon. I'm taking her somewhere special. Somewhere she will totally love. Hanna and Charlotte agreed to watching over Lexa so I start getting dressed.

I put on formal attire, fixing my hair nicely before I open the box, making sure it's still perfect.

I run my finger over the diamond and smile to myself, kissing it and closing my eyes. I open them and see Costia in the mirror, her snow white skin gorgeous as ever. She is smiling at me, happily, fondly.

"I've always loved that ring. She'll love it. Much like I did."

"You sure you're okay with this?" I say and she nods, "but of course I am. Would you think I would not be? You have every right to use that ring and more so for your girlfriend whom you love. And not to mention that daughter of yours. Thanks for the middle name by the way," she winks at me and I smile, looking down.

"You're doing the right thing Emily. She deserves that ring. Much more than I ever have. She'll say yes. Trust me." And with that, Costia disappears and I hear heels clicking, "who were you talking to?"

I put the box in my inner pocket of my suit and turn to Alison who is in a beautiful silver gown, her hair pushed to dangle over one shoulder, light curls flowing off her beautiful skin ever so softly.

"Wow," I say breathlessly, only causing her to blush, "you like it?"

"I...love it. You look gorgeous, Angel."

Alison smiles, "and you look very dashing my handsome girl." She cups my cheeks and I smile when she kisses me. "Let's go."

We walk hand in hand down the hall and Alison sighs, "will you tell me where we are going? And how long it will take?"