Chapter 48

2 Weeks Later

Emily POV

"Catherine! CATHERINE!" I hear a blood curdling scream coming from a voice I know all too well. I shoot my head up and see Costia screaming out to me desperately. I frown and she sprints over, "come with me."

"Costia? What are you doi-" "come on!" She grips my hand and we sprint as fast as we can. I look around me. Everything is...different. "Costia, where are we?" I ask but she doesn't reply, she yanks me around a corner and under a blue tree stump. I scream as we continue falling but Costia grabs my hand, reassuring that we are okay. When I look at her, the blue swirls on her skin shine bright and her eyes light up into a pale yet bright blue/white.

"It's okay. We're safe now." We land carefully and I widen my eyes as I look around, "what is this place?"

"The spirit world, Cat." I snap my gaze back to Costia and she smiles softly at me, "you're safe, I promise. You traveled through your dreams." I frown, "I...I did this?"

"Yes. All on your own. Now come, you need to see something." She leads me through the frozen forest, yet somehow it isn't cold. She settles herself on the edge of a glowing blue pond. "Sit," she ushers me over and I sit beside her.

"You've come a long way since we last met in person Emily Catherine and a lot has changed. Things are different. Something terrible is coming your way. For you."

"Doctor Doom," I mutter and she sighs, nodding as she swirls the water with her hand. "Your fate can only be decided by you, Catherine. You will make a very difficult decision soon and you cannot take it back." She lifts her hand up and swipes it in the air. 

I see an image on the lake, of Alison and Lexa.

"My family?" I question and she shakes her head, "I am showing you what means the most to you right now. Your family is what came up. These two people are the ones that matter most. You want to protect them. From him."

"I do," I whisper and she nods, motioning for me to look again. I see me. Only it doesn't look like me. The girl in the picture looks...dark and..evil?

"Is that...me?"

Costia sighs and looks at me with eyes of utter worry, "your decision will be fatal but it is for the best of your family."

"My decision? Costia. What are you talking about?"

There's a loud rumble and Costia smiles gently at me, "you must be going Catherine. Stay strong. Do what you feel is best. Do what is best for Alison and Lexa." She disappears slowly and I stand up, "NO! COSTIA! WHAT DECISION?!" I sprint but everything fades and turns to a dark black.

I sit up in my bed and Alison groans beside me, "you okay?"

I gulp down the lump in my throat and she frowns, "Em?"

I look down at her and nod, "I-I'm fine. Sorry. Just a dream." I stand up and Alison frowns behind me. "Okay."

She sits up as well, nothing but the comforter covering her body and when she stands up she smiles at me, "you look handsome," she whispers, kissing the back of my bare neck whilst she wraps her arms around my stomach from behind, closing her eyes as she rests her head on my skin.

"Thank you," I reply quietly, a warmness overtaking me and after a few calm seconds, Alison starts kissing down my back, on my back tattoos and she hums, "I love your tattoos."

"And I love you," I whisper and she reopens her eyes, the baby blues filled with a light. One that I put there. I love that light.

I turn around and she grins up at me, "what's on the agenda of today?"