Chapter 20

Spencer POV

"I don't get it." Aria said, pouting her lip out as we sat in our study hall. I frowned, "get what?" She showed me her Calculus and I slid it closer to me. "Oh here..." I showed her and explained the question, telling her how to get the correct answer and she was smiling by the end, staring at me. "What?" She shrugged, "nothing. Nerd." I chuckled, "I've heard worse shorty," I smirked and she gasped, hitting my arm, "fun sized." She argued and I laughed, "sure. If by fun you mean I get to shove you in a locker," She opened her mouth in shock, sarcastically and I laughed. She stared at my face and I raised an eyebrow, "yes?" She smiled in a different way. Not giddy and laughing but in a...romantic way? She leaned into me and before I knew what was happening Aria kissed me. My eyes fluttered shut and I gently pushed back into her lips. We pulled away and she smiled shyly, blushing, "sorry."

"Don't be." I let my fingers brush her cheek and I pulled her head towards me gently, then smiled sweetly, leaned in and kissed her plump pink lips. I practically felt her relax against me, she breathed out in relief and relaxation as I kissed her softly. I sucked on her lips as I pulled back slightly, suctioning her lips to my own. She smiled and I scooted my chair closer to hers, continuing our make out session. We were parted by my phone ringing. I looked down and glanced at Aria. "What is it?"

"An alert from the lair. Something's not right." We stood up and I grabbed her hand, leading her out of the school. We saw Hanna and Charlotte making out on a locker so I grabbed the back of Charlotte's shirt and said, "let's go." "What is it?"

I sighed, "call Emily. Something's wrong. Very wrong. Make sure she stays with Alison."

Charlotte POV

"Charlotte what's going on?" Emily said on the other line of the phone. I groaned, "I don't know. Spencer got an alert from the lair. Something is wrong. More is coming and I am guessing whoever paid off Komodo is ready for war. You need to stay with Alison. She can't leave your sight." I followed Spencer in my car and Hanna said, "let me talk to her." I nodded and handed her the phone. "Em? Yeah no we don't know yet. Because Spencer hasn't told us?" She laughed, "yeah she did that thing where she just acts all dramatic and leaves without a lot of information. Yeah. Alright keep her safe. Bye. Yeah we'll let you know. See ya." She hung up and I pulled into the garage. We went inside and Spencer was at the computers. "What the hell is going on Spencer."

"Deathstroke."

I gulped and felt goosebumps just hearing that name. "Really?" I said and she nodded, "my computer...notified me...something's wrong. Not right..." "Who's Deathstroke?" Hanna said and I looked at her, my eyes filled with worry, "your worst nightmare."

Emily POV

I felt my phone buzz and I looked at it as Alison got us coffee.

From Charlotte: Deathstroke is here. He's the leader Em. He's going after Alison...and you.

My eyes widened and Alison frowned, "you okay?" She put the coffees down and I gulped, "yeah." I looked around and breathed heavily. "Em. What's wrong?"

I shook my head, "really I'm fine." I drank my coffee and stared out the window.

Flashback

"Costia stop." My eyes teared as my wife stepped closer to Deathstroke. "That's a good girl. You come with me and I'll leave your wifey alone." His orange and black mask burned into my memory. "Please." I whispered and Costia took my hand, lowering my bow and arrow. "I shall not allow you to die for me. I would never live with myself Catherine. I must be going. I love you so much." She cupped my cheeks, kissing me passionately and I sniffled, tears streaming from my mask. "I want to see your face." She whispered and took my mask off, the green paint around my eyes still there. She wiped off the most she could and smiled, "I will never forget your perfect face."

I gulped, "and I shall swear on my grave not to forget yours Costia." She smiled and put her hands on my cheeks, "May we meet again." She kissed me and pulled away, placing the engagement ring and band in my hand. She turned and walked with Deathstroke. "May we meet again." I whispered and looked down at the rings. 

No way.

I squinted and put my mask in my pocket. "COSTIA!" I ran after them but flew back when an explosion went off. My back hit the wall and my eyes fluttered as my vision blurred. Something landed next to me and when I looked my eyes widened as I saw my wife's head laying next to my body. I scrambled to my feet and my heart pounded in my 14 year old chest. Deathstroke laughed and said, "I suggest running. If you know what's good for you. I said I'd leave you alone. Never said for how long."

I turned away and ran, jumping off the building and flying back to the OSS with my tears dripping from my eyes.

She's dead...Costia...My wife is dead.

End of Flashback

My eye twitched as I reminisced that horrible moment. I didn't realize how mad I was until hot liquid spilled all over me. I crushed my cup and heard a shatter. The plate under my hand cracked under my fist pressing down on the table.

"Em what the hell," Alison whispered at me with venom. I sighed, "we got to go." I stood up and grabbed her hand, dragging her out of the Brew. "Where are we going?"

We ran outside but my tires were slashed. "Shit." I muttered and Alison gasped, "who did this?"

I know who.

"Let's go." We walked around the corner and I heard footsteps in the distance. I gripped her hand tighter, "Em...you're hurting me." I loosened my grip, "sorry..." I looked behind me and saw nobody. "Come on."

"Why are you freaking out? We'll just call the cops. They'll catch whoever slashed your tires." I scoffed, "it's not that simple Alison." She shot her head around at feet following us again. "Who's there?"

I turned my head, putting Alison behind me and I said, "we're not alone. Run!" I shouted at her, leading the way, her hand in my own. A person, definitely male ran after us, "oh my god." Alison cried out. We reached and alley way and said, "get on my back."

"What?"

"DO IT! NOW!" 

She jumped up and I caught her on my back. I ran faster and faster. I took a knife out of my backpack and turned, running backwards and chucked it at the man, hitting him in the leg. He grunted and I turned around, running more, "what the hell Em?!" I kept running and we reached a large wall. Shit. 

I put Alison down and turned around, the guy walking closer. He had my knife, "drop something?" I gulped. He chucked the knife and Alison screamed but I ran in front of her, catching the knife in my hand. She gasped and said, "how did you do that?"

I grabbed her hand, "let's go." I went to fly away, "not so fast." He threw something and it exploded, a red gas coming out of it. My body got weaker and my eye lids fluttered. "E-em?" Alison coughed and I glanced at her, trying to beat the gas, but she collapsed to the ground, passing out. I went to run to her but I collapsed to the ground, getting more tired by the second.

"Ali..." I mumbled as I saw her body being dragged away by the man.

My vision failed me and my eyes went black.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

oooohhhh

review and comment! :P

~stay fearless~

caleigh <13