Chapter 16

Emily POV

I leaned against the counter in the bathroom and looked down at the sink. She's going to find out eventually. What memory did she even see? Was it of me as the Arrow? Me as a baby? Anyways, she touched my tattoos and got sucked into my memories. I sighed, then looked in the mirror, only to see my reflection. I clenched my jaw and gripped my fists, ready to punch the mirror until I came to my sense and retreated my arm. That won't do anything.

"Face your problems head on." I whispered to myself. I shut my eyes, breathed and walked out of the bathroom, putting boxers, jeans and a shirt on. I was in the middle of putting my shoes on when Alison spoke up, "Who's Costia?" A lump caught in my throat. She saw Costia. I clenched my teeth and fists, "why do you ask?"

"I saw her. With you. You two kissed. Were you together?"

I felt my eye twitch at the mere mention of my history with Costia. "That was along time ago."

"Why did you have swords? And she lifted water with just moving her hands...like she was bending it." I knew exactly what memory she saw now. I was worried about her after she was trying to come back from being injured. She said she'd be fine...she wasn't. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Alison scoffed and walked over to me, so she was in front of me. "You're lying."

"Am not."

"Who is she."

"Nobody."

She crossed her arms, "who's Cat? She called you Cat." My eyes watered up at hearing my nickname she gave me. Catherine is my middle name. Costia called me by my middle name usually and hearing Alison say it brought back more memories I tried to drown out of my life. "Emily..."

She reached for my hand but I stood up, "I got to go."

"Wait. Em! Just answer me!" She grabbed my arm but I ripped it away.

I shot around, my face beating with fury, "you have no right." She stepped back from me, getting scared, "I just want to know who Costia is-" "DON'T SAY HER NAME!" I exploded now. I couldn't help it. The mention of Costia just...it's too much. Alison was tearing up in fear as I yelled at her, "Just...don't..." My eyes twitched as emotion flooded through me. My heart beat rapidly and I sighed, sniffling, "I...I'm sorry...I gotta...I gotta go...I'll call you." I grabbed my keys and ran out of Alison's house.

I went to the lair and marched inside in the worst mood. "Em?" Charlotte looked at me and I muttered, "go away."

"Em!" Charlotte grabbed my arm and I grunted, turned around and slammed my hands to her chest, launching her across the lair, hitting her back into the wall. "WHAT THE HELL EM?!" Hanna screamed at me as her and Aria ran over to Charlotte. "I'm fine. Leave us." She demanded, making Hanna and Aria go into a separate room. I punched the punching bag and I was so pissed that my arm went right through it. I grunted and kicked it right off its chain. "Em. Relax." Spencer said and I ignored her. I went to a cinder block and screamed as I punched my hand down, snapping it right in half. All 3 cinder blocks that were on top of each other.

"Emily stop!" I screamed when she twisted my arm as she controlled my blood movement. She turned me around, "what's going on?" I felt my body shut down as Charlotte released me. I crumpled to my knees and held my stomach as all the pain I tried to bottle up poured out. Charlotte and Spencer hugged me and Charlotte rubbed my back, "you wanna tell us what's making you so sad?"

I sniffled and shook, "C-costia..."

They looked at each other and Charlotte hugged me close to her, "It's okay Em. She's safe now. She's free." I leaned against her and screamed out my sobs. "It hurts...it hurts Charlotte make it stop!" I was clawing at my chest and I heard sniffles. I looked up to see Aria and Hanna standing, tears in their eyes as they watched me break down. "Guys...can Emily and I be alone?" Charlotte said and everyone nodded, stood up and left.