Chapter 17

Alison POV

I haven't seen Emily in a week. It's December 3, 2015. Apparently Emily's birthday was a few weeks ago. November 19. Which means she's 18 now. But she never told anyone. Charlotte was the one who had to tell me but she won't tell me where Emily is. Nobody will. I'm just worried about her. What happened to Costia?

"Last night we caught raw footage of the infamous Arrow terrorizing the streets." I looked up at the TV and it showed the Arrow running on the streets behind a building and shooting 5 guys with arrows, killing them all. I gulped and they said, "people were starting to believe the Arrow to be a hero but this footage shows otherwise." Another clip popped up and there were innocent people inside of a restaurant and the Arrow walked in and set a bomb on a wall, walked out and hit a button, making the entire restaurant explode. It said this was in Connecticut. I gasped as the reporter said, "28 people died and 5 were just injured. Who is this monster?"

"Why are you watching that." I jumped as Emily's voice sounded. I turned and she walked into my house. "Where have you been? I was worried sick Emily." I stood up but she walked passed me, getting a beer and chugging it. "I was busy."

"Doing?" I crossed my arms over her chest, and I didn't need an answer because the stench of alcohol reeked in the air. "That's none of your business."

"Em look if I caused this because of...what I asked I'm sorry okay? I didn't mean to make you go into such a dark place."

"What's done is done Alison. People make mistakes."

I gulped, nodding, "yeah sure."

"Like how my mistake was meeting you."

Spears hit my heart and I felt shaky, "what?"

She glared at me, her un-sober eyes fueled with anger, "It's your fault. It's your damned fault I am like this. If you just let it go nothing would've happened. You made me think about her!" She threw a beer bottle and It went right passed my head, hitting the wall, shattering. "Em you're drunk okay? Just...sit down." I led her to the couch and she froze, looking into space. "You. You ruined me!" She screamed at nothing. "Em...hey look at me."

"It's your fucking fault I'm like this! You took my life from me Costia."

I froze and let go of her, stepping back. She is seeing Costia? It's definitely her imagination. Right? "If I didn't fall in love with you I wouldn't have been mourning. I could get on with my fucking life."

Emily POV

Costia was in front of me, sympathy on her face as I entered the spirit world. "Cat I'm so sorry. I never meant for you to get this hurt."

"WELL I DID! YOU GOT YOURSELF KILLED!"

"To save your life Emily!" She cried back, begging me to see why she let herself die. Not good enough. I hate her for doing that. "I hate you for your sacrifice. I could've beaten him! But you had to make that fucking deal with him! I WOULD'VE ENDED IT! WE COULD'VE BEEN TOGETHER FOREVER!" Tears were streaming down my cheeks at seeing my late wife. She sniffled, "I'm sorry."

"Is that all you have? I'm sorry?"

She sighed, then walked over to me. "I love you. Emily. I always have and I always will. I made the deal so that you could continue your life. So you could save innocent people...not kill them. I never wanted you to turn into this."

I twitched my eye, "they deserved it."

"Kids Emily. 28 people dead. 12 of them were children. Barely have started their lives. That's not you Cat." I frowned, feeling sorrow overtake me. My voice shook, "I...I didn't mean to...I'm sorry. I'm sor..." I collapsed in front of her feet. I sobbed out loud. "I'm so sorry."