Chapter 46

Emily POV

I walk into our home and nod at the guard standing at my door. "Is Alison home yet?"

"Yes. Mrs. Fields and Miss Lexa are upstairs Heda."

I thank him and walk upstairs, seeing Lexa in her room, playing with her action figures. I walk into her room and just watch for a moment as she picks up the figure of me. "Nobody talks to me like that! You're going down Headlok!" She hits the other action figure with mine and I smile as she cheers, "THE ARROW WINS AGAIN! ANOTHER VICTORY!"

I chuckle, "you liking those huh champ?"

She perks her head up and looks at me, "DADDY'S HOME!" She jumps into my arms and I laugh, "hey princess I missed you today." I kissed her temple and she smiles into me before I put her down, "mommy took me shopping!"

"Oh did she?"

"Yeah! Right mommy?"

I turn around and Alison is leaning against the doorframe, her lips pursed together until she nods, giving a tight smile, "that's correct sweetie."

After a few silent moments, Lexa starts asking me about the districts, wanting to know everything about everything until Alison speaks, "Emily. Can we talk?" Alison says quietly, not to let Lexa hear.

I look at her hesitantly but nod nevertheless. "Be right back sweetheart, okay? Mommy and daddy have to discuss things."

She nods and grabs a marker, starting to draw on her notepad.

I walk out of the room, Alison leading the way and I close the door silently, looking at my wife when I do so.

"What's going on?" I say and she sighs, "I could ask the same."

I look at her, acting dumb and like she always does, she sees right through me, "don't pay dumb Emily Fields. I know something is wrong now you better tell  me right now or so God help me you'll sleep on the damned couch. We don't do secrets, remember?"

I raise my eyebrows in surprise of her outburst but she just stares at me angrily and impatiently. "Okay, okay. There's been some...things happening."

"What kinds of things, Emily."

"Things like Doctor Doom coming for Anapolis and when he does, he's coming for you and Lexa. I'm sorry I've been distant but I've been stressed and focused on keeping my family and people safe." I look down and I can practically feel her smiling.

"Emmy," she whispers and I look up at her slowly, seeing her blue eyes sparkling beyond belief. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be," she says and cups my cheek with her hand, "I love you. You should've told me that something was going on but I love you. Thank you for always putting Lexa and I first baby. And Anapolis, of course." She smiles, moving her hand to the back of my neck, connecting her free one with it and I smile softly as I place my hands on her waist, looking down at her.

"I love you too Angel," I whisper, pressing my lips to hers and I feel my mind wander off until it's gone. No thoughts besides one.

Alison.

I feel her body lighten as she lets herself loose, her body practically going limp in my arms, only making me smile more. I love the effect we have on each other. I love the effect I have on her.

"So what happens now?" She asks as we go into a warming hug instead. I sigh and kiss the top of her head, "I need to think of tactics to keep Doom away from our home and I already have guards assigned to you and Lexa."

"Emily, we don't need babysitters," she jokes and I look down at her as she pulls away from my embrace. She clearly sees the worry in my eyes so she places her hand on my cheek, "okay fine. Don't over-do it Emily."