Chapter 36

2 Days later

Emily POV

"Your footing is off," I said and swung the wooden stick at Alison. She slapped hers to mine, "no it's not," She flipped over me and swung at my legs, tripping me and as she swung down at me I grabbed her ankles with my legs and yanked her down, pulling myself up. I put my foot on her chest, stick at her head. "Dead."

I held my hand out and she groaned, taking it. "I don't get it! You never lose! I was doing great." I chuckled and nodded, "you were. But you're no match for me babe," I winked and kissed her, making her roll her eyes, "conceited much?"

I only laughed at her, "maybe." I threw her a water and we drank the refreshing drink, then I waved for her to follow me. We walked passed Aria who was practicing her shape shifting and Hanna who was practicing her fire with Spencer who was running fast as hell. "All of you, with me." I nodded my head to the room over and they walked in. "Spencer and I have been working on these the past 2 days. Since we are X-Men now, we need to look the part...yes?"

They nodded and I slapped my hand on the wall button, the tubes emerging from the ground. They all gasped at the costumes in front of them. Aria pulled out the slick black outfit with a slight cape on it and grinned, "What are our hero names though? I was the Black Canary with Hanna but now...it's different."

I nodded, "that's correct. You may choose the name that best suits you. I will not give you one."

Ali pulled out a silver  and white wrist-attached minicape á la, Jim Lee white suit. "Damn. Professional. Invisible Woman upgrade." (Storm's outfit from the newest movie).

I grinned at her and Spencer walked back into the room with her suit on. "Damn. Quicksilver back at it," I said and chuckled, fist pounding my friend in her silver X-Men uniform and the goggles for when she runs. Hanna grinned, "SICK!" She ran out and came back a few seconds later with a skin tight outfit, black with a white X on her chest and she nodded, "I could work with this." She lit her arms on fire and her hair lit up as well. Then her entire body did. "Damn. Alright Marin not in here." I chuckled and she changed back, "oops."

I looked at my outfit and sighed, "well this will be interesting." I walked out of the room and put on my new outfit. It's my arrow costume but upgraded. It looks better but still the Green Arrow costume. I just added a few tweaks. We put metal on it for armor and A black X on my chest. I put the mask on over my green eye makeup. I looked into the mirror with my new metal arrow and Alison emerged behind me in her costume. "Look at how handsome you look," She said as she leaned her head against the doorframe. I turned around to look at her and smiled, "you look so hot." Ali giggled and wrapped her arms around my neck, "thank you baby." I kissed her soft lips and when we pulled away she pulled my hoodie up. "My hero."

Charlotte POV

I was training the warriors as I knew we were prepping for war and Headlok called me over. "What's up?"

"This is for you, my friend." He turned me to a large case with a sick costume in it. It was a large white and red hooded military trench coat. I slid it on me and pulled the hood up. "That's a nice look on you Phoenix. Now. I need information on your friends."

I nodded, taking the outfit off and said, "I can handle them. I will be back."

I focused my mind on the OSS and teleported. I looked at my contact for Hanna on my phone and zeroed in on her number, tracking her. When I found out where she was I frowned. The old X-Men lair? Why is she there? I walked down there and the door was locked. Identification. Shit. I used my powers to trick the camera into letting me in. I walked inside and hid when I saw all of them in costumes...with X's on them. No. Way. 

"You are no longer students. No. In here, you are X-Men. And we need to find a way to take down Headlok before he gets to anyone else."

I grunted as I saw Emily in her Arrow costume walking around. "What about Charlotte? We can't let her get hurt I won't let you," Hanna argued and I smiled at the feeling it cause me when she defended me. I stood up and showed myself, "yeah. What about me, Emily?" I looked at her and everyone backed up. "What are you doing here and how did you get in," she hissed and I grinned, "you'd be amazed. So what is this?" I chuckled at them as I walked in front of every single one of them. "This some sort of uprising? The X-Men? Are you kidding?" I laughed loudly and they all frowned. "You need to get out of here Charlotte," Emily said, walking closer. I grunted, holding my hand out as I molded her feet into the ground. She grunted, trying to yank her feet out but I just made her sink lower and lower. "CHARLOTTE! LET HER GO!" Alison shouted, trying to pull Emily back up. I sighed and pulled away. "How the hell did you do this?" Emily said, her waist full in the ground. I flashed a wicked grin, "let's just say I was...upgraded."

I let her out and she raised an eyebrow, "why? Why turn yourself over to him Charlotte?" 

"Because! I want to take you down Fields. You're too cocky, too arrogant and too fucking powerful. Well guess what? I am stronger than you now. I am stronger than all of you now."

Emily only chuckled, "yeah right. You're a coward. You turned your backs not only on your best friend? But on your mother, sister, friends, girlfriend and the entire human race. What did he promise you? To rule the world? He's going to get rid of you the second you help him get everyone on his side and eliminate me and the humans until you rule all. He won't give a flying fuck about you."

I felt my eye twitch and I smirked, "you have no idea what you're talking about. He gave me so much more power. More strength. He could do the same to you. All of you. If you come with me." I looked at Hanna and smiled, "come with me Hanna. You don't have to be on the bad side of this. Join us and we could rule together. Be together forever. It doesn't have to end like this." I held my hand out and she looked at Emily who shook her head, "Hanna don't."

Hanna shut her eyes, "Charlotte I can't. And neither can you. Come back to us. We can take him down here, together. This is the good side of things."

I sighed, "Hanna...she's lying to you. She's lying to all of you! Emily only cares about herself and herself only! She knows Headlok wants her so she is using all of you to protect her!" Spencer walked closer, "you don't know anything."

I smirked, "fine. You won't give yourselves over? I'll just have to do this by force."

I gripped Hanna who screamed, "CHARLOTTE LET ME GO!" Emily lunged at me but I used Spencer to yank her down and pin her. "SPENCER!"

"I'm sorry! I can't control it!"

Aria and Alison ran after me, Ali shooting plasma at me and I only laughed, "silly girl." I entered her brain and shut her down, making her pass out and I did this to Aria as well. "CHARLOTTE LET ME GO!" Hanna cried and I teleported us back to the lair. Headlok grinned, "your girlfriend?"

"New recruit."

"No I'm not! Charlotte let me go!" Hanna yanked out of my grip and lit on fire. I chuckled and went into her mind. She froze, the fire going away and I blanked her mind out. "You will listen to me and be on my side from now on. Understand?" She nodded blankly and I grinned, "see? New recruits."

"Now. We need to talk. Emily is rebuilding the X-Men. They are all X-Men. Even Hanna's costume is. They're moving fast and they are going to strike."

"X-Men? Haven't heard that in a very long time...Hanna." Hanna looked at us and I put my hand on her shoulder, "babe tell us everything Emily has told you." She nodded, "She's going to take you down in a matter of surprise. She's planning on the attack tomorrow night."

I nodded, "there."

Headlok looked out the window at our army outside marching in the fenced area, "We will be ready for them. And I will finally get my revenge on the Arrow."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

War is brewing...Charlotte is evil...poor Hanna geez lol

Review and comment!

~stay fearless~

caleigh <13