Chapter 31

2 weeks later

Alison POV

When I got to Sky High I felt my body get shoved. I fell to the ground and looked up, only to see Ivy and Jenny laughing, "aw look. We hurt the little girl. Do you want me to get Emmy for you?" Jenny teased and I felt my jaw clench tightly as she started angering me. "No," I stated and went to sit up but she kicked me in the chest, knocking me back down. "Not so fast blondie," Ivy said and I got up and sprinted away. "HEY! GET HER!" Jenny screamed and when I looked back Ivy was throwing plant vines at me but I dodged them all and I used my hand to shoot my powers at them and they jumped out of the way and I rounded a corner. I shut my eyes, invisible, invisible...

They ran in front of me and stopped, "where the hell did she go?!"

I looked behind me in a window and saw their reflection but not mine. It worked! I'm invisible! "She's gotta be here somewhere," Ivy said and Jenny grunted, looking everywhere and I gulped when I saw ice shoot out of her hands everywhere. I walked away and ran into the school. I found Emily but I stopped when I walked near her. "I don't know what you expect me to say. The board said that's what will occur." She walked with such authority and I accidentally brushed her outfit, making her look down at it in confusion. Then she looked up, knowing I was there somehow.

I smiled, even though she couldn't see me and she even reached her hand out secretly. I took her hand into mine and she grinned and I could feel her anger with whomever she was talking to disappear. "Look Kevin...I'm not trying to be unfair but you broke the laws, now you must pay for it and I am sorry. I know you were doing what you thought was right."

Kevin looked Emily up and down and then frowned in disgust, "you're not worthy of the Heda title! It should've been someone else! You are not fit!" He spit on her face and she stood there, her face angry again. "GUARDS!" She screamed and they ran over, "yes Heda."

Emily glared at Kevin, "tie him to the pole."

I watched Emily, confused as to what that was and they nodded, "yes Heda."

He was dragged away and I whispered, "what's the pole?"

Emily looked at my invisible form, "punishment," she hissed and wiped the spit off her, trying not to ruin her war paint. She walked me to the pole and they handed her a sword. "No...Em..." I tried to grab her attention as I saw the man tied up to a pole, Emily letting go of my hand and walking over to Kevin.  Kevin squirmed, "beja nou do disha!" (Please don't do this!) I didn't understand what they were saying but Emily had no expression on her face when it was her turn. He was bleeding as everyone cut him with his knife. She steadied herself and said, "Yu gonplei ste odon," (Your fight is over.) I frowned, not knowing what she said but then she slid her sword right through his heart, his eyes widening, his head then falling as his body went limp.

Emily cleaned her sword and slid it back where it was on her uniform. She walked back over to me, and nodded her head to follow her. "Burn his body!" She shouted and led me out. "Emily what just happened?"

She didn't answer, just kept walking and I stopped, looking at her and she stared at me when I turned my invisibility off, "what the hell was that?"

She sighed, "it's the way we work Alison. He did something against the law. He betrayed his own people. He got what he deserved. Now come on, you must go to school now," she said and took me back to Sky High. 

When I arrived I went to protest but when I turned around she was already gone. I frowned and Hanna grabbed my arm, "let's go slacker!" She pulled me inside and we went into school.

Emily POV

I walked into my headquarters and Veronica awaited me, "we need to talk."

I nodded at the guards, "leave us."