Chapter 23

Alison POV

I walked into the lair and my eyes almost fell out of my head. It was huge. Like really huge. I got overwhelmed by the major technology drowning this place out, the weapons, everything. "Hey." Emily stopped walking and looked at Charlotte, "you can head in. We're okay here." She nodded and walked away. Emily looked at me and said, "you okay?" I gulped and nodded, "yeah." lie.

She sighed, "don't lie to me Alison. What's the matter?"

I chuckled without humor in any part of my voice, "what's the matter? My girlfriend is a villain killing, not human town vigilante that is really a super hero! My sister isn't human, Spencer...It's just...I don't get it. This place, the secrets. It's not normal. This isn't normal Emily." I waved my hands around in frantic motions and Emily nodded, "I know. I know Princess, I'm sorry you were dragged into this. But you're coming of age and you need protection."

"What do you mean? Why me?"

She looked around and groaned, "I don't think you're supposed to know but...whatever. They think you're the chosen one. They think you're one of us." She motioned to herself and behind her where Charlotte probably is. "Am I?" I said, my hand nervously rubbing my arm. She shrugged, "we haven't found out yet. Nothing shows you have powers. But you never know anymore. You could be a late bloomer. But for now, you're a human and no matter what my duty is still to protect you. Your mother is counting on me. I can't disappoint Jessica. Come on." She took my hand and led me over to everyone else. Jessica? She's on a first name basis with my mother? "Jessica? Are you and my mom close?"

Emily smiled and went to talk until Charlotte cut her off, "we grew up together. Mom raised Emily almost as one of her own. Her parents were always busy so Mom took her in." Emily smiled and nodded, "exactly."

"Fields! DiLaurentis! You're up." Spencer shouted and looked at me, "hi Alison. You should probably back up." She led me to where she was and I saw Hanna and Aria get off a mat with wooden sticks. "Ready?" Charlotte said. 

Emily laughed, "you really gotta ask me that?" They fist bumped and Emily took her shirt off, leaving her in a sports bra. Charlotte did the same and Hanna cheered, "yeah! Take it off!" We all laughed and I watched as they started with real swords. What if they get hurt?

"That all you got?" Emily taunted as she blocked Charlotte's attacks. She swung and Emily ducked under the sword, then swung at Charlotte's feet but she jumped. They did flips and crazy moves. Charlotte held a hand out, making Emily's sword fly out of her hand, into Charlotte's free hand. Emily laughed, "really asshole?"

Charlotte smirked and shrugged, "eat my dust Fields." She swung the swords at Emily but Emily did backflips, smirked and did rolls and corkscrews in the air. She jumped up, doing a flip, grabbing Char's swords mid-air and landed, swords against her back, "boom, dead." She dropped the swords and chuckled, pushing Charlotte.

"Damn you Fields." She chased Emily and Spencer chuckled, "another win for Emily."

Emily ran up a wall and Charlotte groaned, "no wall walking!"

"Suck a dick!" Emily shouted back and swung from pipes on the ceiling. I bit my lip, totally turned on by her crazy strength. When they calmed down they all circled around Spencer who had a clipboard. "Alright...here's the workout schedule. No slacking, follow it step by step and don't skip anything. Slade is getting his army so we need to get ours. Get to it." She put a schedule up on a large screen and Emily looked at it and grabbed a water, looking at me and nodding her head to follow.

"Emily she can't be in there." Spencer interrupted. Emily shrugged, "she'll be fine." She led me away and we stopped in front of two rectangular pillars with notches on both sides going all the way up it and one bar on the bottom, laying on the notches. "What do you do here?"