Chapter 22

Alison POV

"Because I know Emily Fields is, the Arrow."

My world came spiraling down. I was suspicious but...the Arrow?! Emily?! It is her. She killed those innocent people. Children...but she told me to my face her duty is to protect me...but why me? And how does she have those powers? She has been lying to my face this entire time! She betrayed my trust! Does she even love me? Or was making me fall for her part of her mission? During my breakdown Slade exited my house and I stood there, completely dumbfounded at the information I just heard.

What do I do? Do I confront her? What if she hurts me? But she can't. She has to protect me...unless she was lying. I sighed and grabbed my keys. I need to talk to her. But I don't even know where she lives...does Charlotte know? Right in the middle of my thoughts Charlotte got out of her car in the driveway, with Emily. I instantly hid in a closet and they walked in. "Where is she?" Emily said quietly. "She must be asleep. What are we going to do Emily. Slade can strike at any minute. What happened earlier was just a warmup. We need to strengthen everyone else and crush him."

Emily looked at her phone, "how are we going to do that? I know Slade Charlotte. He won't stop. He wants to ruin me. And now Alison. I bet you he's creating an army right now. He has to be." Emily walked passed the closet and grabbed a beer. "Emily...no matter what happens, you tried your best." She chuckled, "are you kidding? My best is if Alison is safe and alive just like the council told me. If she gets hurt or worse? Your mother would never forgive me."

"I won't let you die Emily."

"That's not your call!" I jumped at the sudden burst of anger in Emily's voice. She had a vein popping out of her neck and she sighed, "sorry...just...if keeping that girl safe means me dying? It's worth it. If it was you you'd die for her too."

I gulped and Charlotte scratched the back of her neck, "so in other words you're giving up."

"I'm not giving up. I'm being reasonable Char. I have no chance against that son of a bitch." "That's not true Emily and you know if. The Emily I know never gives up."

She looked away, "that Emily is long gone."

"Then let me talk to the Arrow. Cause the Arrow won't stop until she gets what she wants. And you want him dead? Kill him."

Hearing it from Charlotte's lips made it even worse. I can't stop thinking about how betrayed I feel. "I want to but-" "wait. Someone's here." Charlotte cut Emily off and looked around. I gulped as my blood pumped through my veins. How did she know? Is she super too?

"Who's there!" Emily shouted and Charlotte sighed, "she's not asleep." I sniffled and she turned to the closet. "Alison. Come out."

I gulped again, my throat feeling dry and she held her hand out, forcing the door open. I gasped in fear and shock. "How much did you hear?" I looked down, crossing my arms, "enough."

I glared at Emily and she looked away. "How could you." I hissed and she looked back at me, her eyes hard and firm. "Alison I wanted to tell you-" I slapped her hard across the cheek but she didn't even flinch. "YOU MADE ME FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU!" My body just fell apart. All my anger controlled me.

Tears dripped, "did you ever even love me? Or was that part of your duty too?"

She flinched, almost as if she was hit by something and said, "no. Loving you was never the plan Alison. But that's what happened. I fell in love with you." She reached for my hands but I yanked them away. "You lied to me. This whole time! I had to find out from Slade!" Emily and Charlotte froze, "wait...Slade told you? When?"