Chapter 34

Emily POV

"I care more about the peo-OSS." I grunted, shaking my head and sighed, looking in the mirror. "The citizens...If it comes down to it I will save the huma..." I urged myself to finish the word, "the huma...the OSS. DAMMIT!" I punched the mirror, shattering and Alison walked into my room, "you alright Commander?" I rubbed my face and groaned, "no."

I sat on my bed in the OSS and Alison sat beside me, "what's bothering you babe?" I looked at my Commander uniform on the wall, "the chip...it's the reason I keep choosing the OSS over everyone else..."

She frowned, "I'm not following...are you saying that...the chip is influencing you? The spirit of the Commander? The A.I.?" I nodded, "it's making my priority the OSS. I can't even say that I want to save the huma..." I grunted, "SEE?!" I stood up, clawing at my neck, "I want it out. NOW!"

"Okay Emily relax. Hey, look at me," she grabbed my hand and I turned to her, worry stricken across my face, "what if it makes me choose them over you? I don't want to do that! I need it out and now. It's changing me too much. I don't want to be the Commander," I said and then frowned. "What?" Alison said, curious as to what I was thinking. I scoffed, "I can't fucking believe that I didn't catch on."

"Emily what do you mean? Catch onto what?"

I looked out the door, "Veronica." I opened the door and Alison followed me and I rounded a corner. "You sick son of a bitch!" I shouted as I entered Veronica's office. She stood up from her desk and looked at me oddly, "pardon?" I grunted and flew over her desk, my hand around her neck. Alison and Spencer gasped, "EMILY!" Spencer shouted at me as she stood from where she sat. "YOU DID THIS TO ME!"

She smiled, "I have no idea what you're talking about."

I gripped her throat tighter and slammed her back against the wall, making her grunt and shut her eyes tightly, holding my arms and I grit my teeth. "EMILY LET GO!" Alison yanked me away and I sighed, "you wanted me as your own personal rat didn't you? This was never about restoring old tradition. This was about you keeping me in check and staying on your side of things so that everyone knew my loyalty was to the OSS. And the council. And to you. You want the power and with me by your side it gives you a hell of a lot more. Am I right? I know I am."

Alison scrunched her eyebrows and so did Spencer. All Veronica did was smirk, "you're smarter than I thought."

I chuckled, "thank you. Now. I want out. Get the A.I. out."

She only laughed at me, "you may be smart Emily but that doesn't make me dumb. You're part of the OSS now. We need your protection of us. You always pick humans over us and we need you. And you don't have a choice. You're mine. My slave."

I narrowed my gaze at her, "I am not anyone's experiment or slave Veronica. Now you get those damned tools and fix me. Now."

"But...wouldn't you want to see your wife again? Alive?" I gulped and breathed steadily, trying to calm myself down. "You're bluffing. That's impossible."

She nodded, "it should be. You'd be surprised at what we could do. But...I won't help you if you remove the A.I.."

I felt my eye twitch and I shook my head, "no! No. Costia's dead! That is not even possible!" 

Veronica only shrugged, making me get even more angry. I screamed and my mouth sent sonic waves at her, slamming her to the wall. She cried out and crumpled to the floor. "TELL ME HOW TO GET HER BACK!" I shouted and picked her desk up, throwing it at the wall. Spencer yanked Ali out of the way and Veronica sat there, not reacting.