Chapter 47

Lexa POV

When our pod arrives, Octavia, Raven and I run into school, giggling and I we find our classroom together, smiling as we sit down.

"Alright class today we are starting off with our new science projects!" We all clap and I look at Octavia and Raven who smile at me, knowing we will be partners. "You will be in groups of 3. You can pick your partners and you will be building your own race cars. I will provide you with the base of the car which is this car shaped wood. No bigger than a text book and in 2 weeks we will test them to see whose car goes the fastest! You can use anything to help you. Here are the papers and wood and why don't you all start illustrating an idea for what it will look like yeah?"

She hands us our cars and Raven smiles, "I have the perfect idea. If we use what rockets use which is liquid oxygen and liquid hydrogen to power the car it could go almost as fast as a rocket but we could keep it to a reduced speed with the use of a remote control that we can make in the lab. My mom could surely help."

Octavia and I glance at each other, confused with whatever she just said but we smile, "sure."

Emily POV

"But your majesty if you-" "I know what I said and it is final. If it comes down to saving my family or me, you save them, is that understood?" My guards stare at me and Charlotte walks over, "what's going on?"

"Emily is being herself, that's what. She's sacrificing herself! What about Anapolis, Emily? The home you made for us all?" Spencer stares at me with concern in her eyes and I sigh, "I understand but family comes first, Spencer. No matter what. You should understand this out of all people," I say, looking at my two best friends who frown, "what is that supposed to mean?"

I sigh and rub my forehead, "it means, that I was here since I was born and family was all I had. It's all I ever had." They stare at me and look at each other, "fine...but if we can save you also, we are. No questions." Spencer agrees with Charlotte and I smile, "okay. Fine."

I lead them out of the room and we go into the training arena where I see Alison practicing against some of the guards and I walk over to her, "your footing is off." She grunts as she swings the bar at his head but he ducks and swings at her feet, knocking her down and she grunts as she hits the mat.

I smirk as I look down at her, "told you."

She rolls her eyes and I offer her my hand. She sighs and takes it, me pulling her to her feet as she whines, "I don't get it! Nothing ever works! I've been training for 3 hours!"

I raise an eyebrow and chuckle, "okay, babe relax. You're too tight right now." I grab her shoulders and she pouts, looking up at me as I smile, "you're cute when you're stressed."

She blushes and looks at me through her eyelashes, "thank you."

"Now," I clear my throat and shake her shoulders, "loosen up." She sighs and I nod, "close your eyes."

She listens and I focus on her, sending her soothing thoughts and I practically feel her body loosen and she smiles, opening her eyes, "better."

"Good. Now." I grab a bar and throw it to her, then get my own, "you need to set your feet not too close but not too far either. Just sturdy enough to hold you down without being able to tip over with one hit." She fixes her stance and I nod, "good. Now. Dodge." I swipe at her and she ducks, then I go again, causing her to jump over it and she keeps dodging until I nod, "okay. Next step, fight back."

She uses her metal bar to clink against mine and we continue this, our feet shuffling and we fall in sync with one another and I start thinking.

If something happens to me she needs to be able to fight. If I go down and Doom or anyone does something, she needs to know how to fight me, whether she likes it or not.

"Fight harder Alison," I order and she frowns, "what? No." I grunt and smack the bar out of her hands, trip her and point it at her face as she widens her eyes. I shake my head and drop the bar, "you need to be stronger Alison. You're weak."

"Excuse me?" She snips and Charlotte frowns at us, "woah Em. Relax." I sigh and turn back around to her, "sorry but I'm just telling the truth Alison. You need to be stronger or else you will be beat every time."

She looks down, "Emily I am trying-" "well not hard enough!"

She flinches and I sigh, "look. I am just worried that if something happens, you won't be ready. You need to be ready for anything." She folds her arms across her chest, "and what does that mean, Emily?"

"It means that Doctor Doom is coming soon and my wife needs to be ready if something happens."

She raises an eyebrow, "what will happen?" I scoff, "I don't know Alison! If I die? You need to be able to protect Lexa." Alison flinches at my harshness and tears up, "you won't. You're not going to die."

Spencer and Charlotte exchange looks and Alison definitely notices, "what don't I know? What's going on?"

"Nothing. Let's just...continue. With powers," I say and we go to the dome to practice, everyone in it with us, including Hanna and Aria. "Alright. Charlotte, Spencer and I on one team, you three on the other."

I signal them to put lock the doors and the buzzer goes off. Instantly, Hanna throws fire balls at us but Spencer sprints around us, creating a vortex that deflects the fire back at them and I grin, flying up, forcing myself at them, my eyes shooting lasers but they dodge it. When I go to blow my breath on them, Alison creates a forcefield and I smirk.

Just what I wanted.

I enter her head and force her to put the forcefield on me instead, protecting me from Hanna's fire as I fly towards Alison and I use the forcefield and force her to the wall, pinning her and she grunts, "Dammit Emily!"

I laugh and feel something attack me. I scream in surprise and look at Aria who shifts into a lion. I kick her off and she leaps into the air, turning into me and I drop my jaw, "very clever."

She smirks and shoots my own lasers at me except hers are red and mine are blue. I shoot mine at her and they fight against each other but due to my experience with it, I win and she flies backwards, shifting back to herself once she hits the wall and Spencer sprints over to Hanna who is throwing fire at Charlotte. She creates a vortex, sucking the oxygen out and Hanna gasps for air as her fire disappears and falls to the ground weakly.

The buzzer goes off and I grin, "VICTORY!" I let Alison's mind free herself and then Charlotte helps Hanna while Alison heals Aria.

"You guys are assholes," Hanna pouts and I only shrug, "and you all married us assholes." I wink at Alison who rolls her eyes at me, "someone lightened up."

"I was having fun," I reason and she laughs, "right. Thought Heda was serious? No smiling."

I chuckle and grap her hand, spinning her around and kissing her, "only thing I am serious about is you, my love."

"How romantic."

"That's me." I kiss her again and she smiles into my lips.

Practice can wait.

We'll train tomorrow.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Review and comment!

~stay fearless~

Caleigh <13