Chapter 4

Up there, if you zoom in, you can see Draco looking fine as hell👌

Really hoping you'll enjoy this chapter! Two updates in a day!

•••

Draco's POV -

"What the hell, Malfoy." Blaise says through gritted teeth.

"What." I state plainly. I'm pretending to be clueless, but both him and I know exactly why he's pissed at me. 

"Why the fuck did you do that?!" His voice is filled with venom, and it almost sounds like he's interrogating me. I decide to toy with him, just because I think he's a dick. 

"What are you talking about?" 

"You knew what I was doing." His eyes are narrowed, filled with rage. "You knew what I wanted."

"I don't give a shit what you want, Zabini. Now leave me alone." I lie, about the giving a shit part.

Although he doesn't, I can tell he's itching to punch me across the jaw. The feeling is more than mutual.

Jennifer's POV -

The following morning in potions, I sit awkwardly with Blaise and Draco, who keep shooting each other poisonous glares from across the table. My skin is burning, my chest is tight. I feel like I need to stay still, so as to draw as little attention from either of them as possible. 

All I can think about is how I'm already involved in so much drama at Hogwarts. I've barely been here for a week, and already, I've landed myself in the middle of an argument between these boys. Last night was tense, and I haven't even had time to fully contemplate what'd happened, or why. 

I'm not even sure why they're upset - I just know I was present when it all went down. They've probably never liked each other, and constantly find things to argue over. Maybe this time, I just happened to be one of those things. 

Something even stranger is that Blaise has started looking at me like he knows I'm about to die a very excruciating death. But even stranger is that when Draco looks at me, his face is completely blank. I have no idea what the boy is thinking. 

Things grow even more awkward when Slughorn orders us to sit with our partners. Draco drags himself over to my side of the table, looking at anything but me. I fidget in my seat, my discomfort growing. 

"Today," Slughorn says, "you'll be brewing up one of my favorites: the Beautification Potion. You know all of the ingredients, and if you don't, they're in the book. I have several extras in the ingredient cupboard if you're missing anything. Get to work!"

I assume that Draco is not planning on speaking to me for the next hour. Looks like I'll be doing this potion by myself. I head towards the cupboard to retrieve a few ingredients. 

Unfortunately, I run right into Blaise when I get there. 

I reach for the rose petals, trying to ignore the fact that we're standing less than a foot away from each other. Out of the corner of my eye, I see him slowly twist sideways to look at me.

Please don't say anything, please don't say anything, please don't say anythi-

"Hey." He says.