Chapter 8

She is so pretty OMGGG. I have so many finals to study for. School's almost out! Whoo! Enjoy :)

***

Jennifer's POV -

By the time one week has passed, things still haven't gotten any better. Neither Draco or Blaise will talk to me - this is likely because whenever Blaise starts to approach me, Draco materializes by my side. 

It's nighttime, and I'm lying on my bed flipping through a random textbook when Kelsie enters the dorm. She doesn't even bother to look at me as she trudges towards the closet.

"What's wrong?" I ask, looking up from my book. She turns to face me, her face twisted with stress. 

"I don't know what I'm doing on the stupid potions essay!" She shouts, attempting to throw a hair tie across the room aggressively. My hand flies to my mouth as I try to cover up a laugh. 

"Don't stress, Kels. I'll help you out later." I say, and return my eyes to my book. However, Kelsie still doesn't look away from me - she appears to be studying me, her arms folded across her chest. 

"Do you know what today is?" She asks, tilting her head.

I freeze for a moment, silently praying that I haven't forgotten any important dates or events. I shake my head no and hope for the best.

She turns around and starts fishing through the closet. "It's the Slytherin party."

"Okay?" I ask, wondering what the point of this is. I recall the time when Blaise told me about it.

She turns around again, and lets out an impatient huff of air. "I think you should come." 

I laugh, and hard. Obviously she's joking. Since when do I go to parties? The idea of me hanging around in the common room with a bunch of drunk Slytherins humors me. I wait for her to laugh as well, but she doesn't. 

"Really, I'm not joking. It's a lot of fun." She says, searching through the chest in the corner of the room. 

"Wait, but I thought you told me not to go?" 

"Well, normally, I would  say that, but-" She cuts herself off, only making me more eager to hear her answer. 

"But what?" I ask.

Kelsie still won't turn around to face me. "Well, you haven't been acting yourself lately, and I just think you could use a little fun." Her voice climbs a pitch higher as she finishes her sentence.

"I don't think so. I just don't think I would enjoy it - not really my thing." I decide, and return my gaze to the pages of my book. She whips around to look at me, and I can tell she is not going down without a fight.

"Please! Just try it - it might be fun!" 

"I don't know. Besides, I don't have anything to wear." I say, attempting to come up with excuses. 

"You can borrow something of mine!" She exclaims in desperation. "I'll pay you three sickles - no, four. Five. Six?" She asks hopefully. Still though, I remain silent. "How about a galleon?" 

This does me in. 

"Fine, I'll go." I sigh. She claps her hands together.

"Perfect!  I'll pick out something for you." She begins to search through her closet. As Kelsie whips out sleeveless dress after sleeveless dress, I start to regret my decision. My stomach is swirling - I should have never agreed to this. 

Several short dresses later, I decide to get up and rummage through my own clothes. I find a navy blue dress with long sleeves that reaches down to just above my knees. In my opinion, it's perfect.