Chapter 10

Hey guys! I wrote this in fourth block so here you go😊 Also - almost done with school. Two more weeks, so I'll have more time to write :)

***

I wake up in bed, which is quite odd, because I can't recall going to bed last night, or even falling asleep. However, the events from the previous night slowly seep into my head.

Blaise, and what he did, Draco beating him up and taking me to his room, holding me in his arms. Even the thought of it sends butterflies whisking around my stomach. In my sleepy state, it takes me a few seconds to realize that this is not my bed. It's Draco's.

My body jumps a little at the thought. Where is Draco then? I peer over the edge of the bed and see him. He's sleeping on the floor, in between a sandwich of thin blankets. He must've put me in the bed and slept on the floor. I feel terrible. I basically kicked him out of his own bed. Then I'm embarrassed, so I decide to leave.

I swing my legs over the edge of the bed and cautiously step over Draco, and then let out a squeak of horror as I realize my mistake. Thank goodness he's still sleeping.

I pull my dress off of the top of his dresser, where it has been laid neatly. I quickly tug his shirt over my head. It smells really good, like mint, and I find myself not wanting to take it off.

Once my dress is back on, which seems a lot less comfortable after wearing the shirt, I slip my shoes on and start towards the door. When I've made it halfway, I hear a groggy voice from behind me.

"Jen...?" Draco says, his voice deeper and raspier than usual. I whip around, but to my relief, he is still asleep, his eyes shut, his lips parted just a teeny bit.

I slip out of the door before he actually does wake up, and close it very quietly. I make an attempt to be quiet as I try to trace Draco's steps from yesterday, but I find myself lost, because I wasn't really trying to figure out a way to get back in the morning after the events that transpired.

I tug my dress down to my knees and hurry along the corridors. It takes me a while to find my way back to my room, but I do, and I haven't thought about who might be waiting for me when I get there.

I am surprised that Josefina and Kelsie are not in the dorm room, but I'm thankful, too. I don't want to talk about what happened right now. I sit down on my bed and pull off of my shoes, neatly pairing them up next to my nightstand.

I lay back on the bed. I haven't even really thought about how much trouble Draco will be in, or where Blaise is now. I rub my eyes and pad over to my closet, where I pull on my robes.

Hopefully, I will be able to study today. I have it in my planner that I'm supposed to go the library around 12:00, and I don't want to stick around the dorm, because I know that Josefina and Kelsie would come looking for me here before anywhere else.

I decide to head down to the library, a place that is usually on the emptier side of the rooms in the castle, and where I can always find a good book to read in order to relax my thoughts.

When I get down there, it is quite empty, mostly because I am down there pretty early in the morning. I thumb few a through books and pull out Hogwarts, A History in hopes of taking my mind off of things for a few minutes.

Once I'm all checked out, I sling my book bag over the back of a chair and slide into the seat. I crack the book open to a random page and begin to read. Soon, I'm no longer thinking about the events that transpired last night. I'm lost in the book.