Chapter 36

Hey guys! I think you'll like this chapter. Please enjoy, and thanks for reading! Feel free to leave your ideas on how I could improve this story. I love reading them. Also, I'm starting to update pictures of characters, so I'll start putting new character pics up with each chapter. Kyle's is up there right now. Anyways, enjoy!

***

Jennifer's POV -

When I wake up, I'm disappointed to discover that Draco isn't next to me in bed. All that remains beside me are a scrunched up pile of slept in sheets.

I tug the blankets up to my chin, suddenly cold, as memories of the previous night begin to reappear in my mind.

I smile, and slightly blush, as I remember him softly dragging his fingertips through my hair when he thought I'd fallen asleep, and frown when I recall some of the things he'd told me about his present, and his past. Of course, my frown isn't of one of anger towards him, only what he's being forced to endure.

Suddenly, I hear a few quiet noises from the other side of the room, and shift towards the source of the commotion, resting my head on my arm across the pillow.

Draco is standing with his bare back facing me, fishing through his closet. I take a moment to admire the gracefulness with which he moves, much unlike myself.

He turns around, his lips curving upward when he sees that I've woken up. He catches me gazing at him, to which he smiles even more, and I return the gesture with a sheepish grin.

"Sleep well?" He questions as he turns back toward his closet, fishing through the array of stark fabrics.

"Yeah," I truthfully admit. In fact, I haven't gotten a night of sleep as peaceful as that one in a while, and I wonder if the same can be said for him. "Did you?"

"You know I sleep better when you're with me." He answers quite seriously, causing my cheeks to turn a light shade of pink, and my heart to blossom with affection. To know that I am the only one who can soothe his nightmares causes a feeling of warmth deep inside of me.

His nightmares.

I'd forgotten about them, and am suddenly plagued with guilt as I think about how many he must've had in the past month. I can't help but wonder what they're about.

I'm too absorbed in my own thoughts to notice when he turns to face me again, shrugging an undone white button up over his shoulders.

"Do you know anyone in our year named Kyle? Or Derek, or Blu?" I ask, my train of thoughts having lead me to the three unfamiliar faces from the night before.

Draco shrugs, taking one of the small buttons in between his thumbs and pointer finger. "No."

"Mm." I hum out in response, my mind still distantly dwelling on the three of them, especially Blu, the girl who'd been a little bit sour toward me.

"Damnit-I just can't get these-" Draco says suddenly, interrupting my deep thoughts with a hint of playful malice in his voice. I look up to see him quite obviously pretending to fumble with the buttons on his shirt, his decently toned chest visible underneath. "Help a guy out, will you?"

I roll my eyes and sigh, yet can't contain a smile as I slide out of his bed. I know he's only faking not being able to button up his own shirt so he can have me do it for him, yet I can't resist.