Chapter 16

(Warning! Not my best chapter. Oh well) First off, I'd like the give a big thanks to KatherineIn for always voting for my story! I work very hard on them and enjoy writing them very much and I am glad to know that someone appreciates it and enjoys it as much as I do! It means a lot. However, I'd like to thank everyone who even reads this, whether you vote or comment or not. Without further unwanted commentary from me😂, the next chapter.

***

Draco's POV -

I head out to breakfast early the next morning, even though I'm tired as hell. There're only a handful of people in the great hall, and one of them's Jennifer. I hesitate. Should I sit next to her?

She seemed kind of mad at me last night, towards the end. Fuck, I hate the sound of that. She should be mad at him, not me.

It took every ounce of strength I had not to beat Blaise's ass in the dorms that night. I have to do it when we're alone.

I don't want her to be alone after last night, so I make my way towards the table and slide into the seat next to her.

She looks over at me and offers a shy smile. Damnit, she's cute.

"Hi, you doing okay?" I ask, reaching for the orange juice. She nods slightly and spoons a piece of waffle into her mouth.

"Good." I sigh. "Are you still mad at me?" I ask, hoping for the best.

"No, why do you keep asking me that?" She smiles, to my relief.

"Because you were last night." I reply simply.

"Well I am not anymore. Besides, that was silly of me. And you were overreacting." She says, jabbing her finger in my direction.

"I didn't overreact, that was on the verge of rape, and I told you that I ca-" I cut my sentence short, hoping that I didn't just make the situation awkward with pretty much every damn word that came out of my mouth.

Jesus Christ, this girl is ruining my reputation of being an egotistical dick.

She blushes for a minute, looking down at her plate, but then fixes her gaze on me again. "You were being silly, as well."

I chuckle. "Silly, huh?"

She nods, biting her lip to conceal a smile. I wish she wouldn't.

Jennifer's POV -

"Shit, we have to go to potions now." He says, and I notice that the great hall has filled with students and emptied once again.

We walk very slowly to our first class together, despite the short time frame.

By the time we arrive, everybody at our table is already there. As I take my seat, Josefina jerks her head in Draco's direction and wiggles her eyebrows, and I return her look with a deadly glare.

I suddenly remember Blaise is there, and I feel the need to be anywhere else, as long as it's as far away as I can be from him. I hope he pretends I don't exist, like he's done in the past.

I'm wrong. "Jennifer-" he starts to say, but is interrupted before another word can sneak past his lips.

"You must have nerves of fucking steel to talk to her in front of m-" Draco starts to say, hatred laced through his voice.