Chapter 24

Hey guys! I've been working on this a lot of the free time I get, it's hard to upload and write with all of the homework I'm getting. Thanks for sticking around and reading!

***

When I wake up, I feel Draco's fingers playing with the ends of my hair. I shift slightly, and he takes notice of my awakening. He looks down into my eyes with his grey ones, not ceasing his actions and remaining speechless. For a minute, I worry that he won't want me the way that he did last night.

"Mornin'." He smirks in a gravelly voice, soothing my fear. I return his words with a small wave of my hand, and he throws his head back against his pillow, letting out a soft chuckle.

"You're wearing my shirt." He says, looking down again, and I feel a slight blush come to my face. I hadn't even realized it. I must have put it on the night before. "I think I like it better on you than me."

I smile up at him, my head still resting on his chest. The house seems to linger in a peaceful silence, morning light filtering through the blinds of his window. I realize I would give anything to be able to wake up with him like this every single morning. I reach my hand up towards his face, and boop his nose with my finger.

His eyes screw shut for a minute, but then he opens them, and tilts his head in curiosity as he looks down at me. "Did you just tap my nose?"

"Yep." I say, unable to control my smile. He allows a small smile, looking up at the ceiling, his arm still loosely wound around my waist. It looks strange on him, but good nevertheless.

I feel his hand trail up my bare thigh, and he slips it beneath the fabric of his shirt, pressing it against the small of my back and drawing me closer to him. His touch sends a chill rippling up through my spine.

"You're so beautiful, you know that?" His voice is a husky whisper. He plants a kiss on my forehead. My heart unravels at his words, and I can't manage to respond in any way. Who is this guy? "Thank you." He adds on, leaving me in confusion.

"For what?" I ask, trailing my finger across his collarbone.

"For...coming in here last night." He says, avoiding eye contact. I realize that there is a slight blush in his cheeks.

He's embarrassed. This boy never ceases to amaze me.

Draco rolls over, so he is hovering above me, propped up on his elbows. "So, what do you want to do today? And don't say that stupid ass project."

"If you don't say anything perverted." I smirk, and he chuckles, looking up at the ceiling. "Hmm...what about that snowball fight?" I suggest deviously, secretly hoping he will agree.

He rolls his eyes, biting back a smile. "No, I am not snowball fighting you, Jen."

"That's cause you're too scared to take me on." I say, crossing my arms.

He tilts his head, observing me as I lay beneath him. "Well...we'll see about that. You're on, Mania." He says, leaning down and planting another kiss on my cheek.

I leap out of his bed and skip across his room, heading for the entryway. "Prepare to be destroyed." I sing as I pass through the frame of the door.

***

Five minutes have come and gone, and I'm waiting on him to come outside, my arms wrapped around my body in attempt to keep warm. I knew it would be cold, but I had no idea it would be this cold.