Chapter 6

Hey guys! This is an update I am making in 2020. Definitely read it before you read this chapter!

I started writing this fanfiction when I was in 8th grade, and at the time, I didn't really know much about fanfiction or writing at all. I didn't really have a direction for this story.

I'd read a few Draco fanfics before writing this, and I used a specific scene from one of those as inspiration for my story. At the time, I honestly never thought anyone was going to read this story or that it would get this big. Looking back, I realize I probably made the scene in this chapter too close to the original.

I'm really sorry about this! I was only 13 when I started writing this story and I definitely hadn't meant to do anything wrong or bad. Pretty much everything else in this fanfiction is original content that I came up with! So I want to give credit to the original fanfiction that had this scene, which was Little Bird (a very good Draco fic). If the author of that fanfic is reading this, I want to say I'm sorry to you, too -- I honestly just thought your writing was amazing at the time and it really inspired me.

I would really like to find time to change that scene in this chapter of my story so it is more original, but I am a college student now, so free time is really hard to come across. As soon as I can get some, though, I will definitely work on changing it up! But in the meantime, I just wanted to let the original fanfiction have credit where credit is due.

My newer Blaise Zabini fanfiction (he's much better there than he is in this fanfic), which is still in progress, is definitely all of my original ideas. Anyways, I just wanted to put that out there. At the end of the day, we are all just trying to have fun and enjoy the Harry Potter world, haha!

***

"Jennifer, are you okay?" Kelsie asks.

I nod, though I hadn't even really listened to what she was saying. I'm staring into the cracking flames in front of me, enveloped in a blanket.

My eyes are still somewhat sore from crying. It's all so confusing - I don't understand why my interaction with Draco about the door is something I'm shedding tears over. All I know is that when I'm around him, I cry very easily about things, and I'm not good at hiding it.

"Earth to Jennifer." Josefina gives me a soft slap on the cheek - something she calls a 'love tap'. "Tell us what's been going on with you lately. You've been quiet, and you always seem so stressed."

My skin prickles uncomfortably. The idea of revealing everything about Draco and Blaise to them is foreign and scary. Will they be upset with me? After all, they were the first people to tell me not to talk to either of those boys. But Josefina and Kelsie are my best friends - though they might not be happy with me all the time, I know that they'll still love me no matter what.

I take a deep breath, and tell them everything. When I'm finished, I stare at my lap, biting my lip. They are silent for a long moment, and it frightens me. What are they thinking?

"Jennifer...why didn't you tell us sooner?" Kelsie says, her voice surprisingly soft. She rests a hand on my back.

"I don't know, but I'm glad I did. It feels...good. You know, not to be alone in this situation anymore."

"You shouldn't talk to either of them anymore." Josefina snaps, much less gentle than our blonde friend.

"I know."