Chapter 32

Hey guys! Here's the new chap. Please enjoy and leave feedback! Thanks!

***

Jennifer's POV-

It's only three days until the ball when I come to the realization that I don't have a dress picked out yet.

Kelsie had been hounding me on it for the past few days, quite frequently, but I'd gotten pretty good at tuning her out. But it hadn't worked out in my favor in the end, for now, I'm being carted off to Hogsmeade, when I had planned on spending my day studying for a huge assessment in charms.

"It's too cold out here. Can't we just do this tomorrow?" I whine as Kelsie drags me through the snow caked streets of Hogsmeade.

"No, this is your last chance. Don't try to get out of it."

I sigh, deciding that there's no point in fighting back.

This really is the last day I can get a dress, and if I don't use it to my advantage, then I'll probably end up going in my robes.

The two of us spend another 10 minutes or so scanning the streets for a reasonable store, and when Kelsie finally locates one that has a clump of dresses spread out by the entrance, I have no choice but to follow through the entrance behind her.

"So, what do you think you want?" She asks half consciously, gazing around in awe at all of the dresses. "Damnit, I should've gone here."

"Well, I don't know. I haven't really thought about it yet." I confess, and she whips around, looking back at me as if I have two heads.

"You haven't given this any thought? At all?"

"Well, no!" I respond defensively, "You're the one who's supposed to be good at this type of thing, right?"

"Alright," She decides, tapping her finger against her chin as she surveys the collection of dresses. "I'll pick some out for you, and you go wait over there. But if you don't like any of them, just tell me. I promise I won't be offended."

I nod, laughing a little bit as I make my way over to the seating area by the waiting room.

It takes Kelsie about ten minutes to find her way to me, and when she does, she has about 15 different dresses hanging over her arm.

I shoot her a questionable look, to which she rolls her eyes.

"Look, the best colors on you would be purple, red, or blue. So I got a dress for each variation."

"And I'm supposed to try all of them on?"

She huffs impatiently at my shocked voice. "Yes! Now, you better get going if you want to study for that test in charms today."

With that thought in mind, I snatch the first dress off of her arm that's in my reach, and rush into the dressing room.

After I'm changed, Kelsie and I spend another five minutes of our time arguing whether I should go out into the seating area or she should come into the dressing room, and I only agree to come out when she threatens to lock me in the owlrey.

Luckily, the shop is near empty.

When I emerge, a purple dress embellished with sparkles enveloping my body, her jaw falls to the floor.