Chapter 50 - part I

Okay guys, let me start off by saying this:

This is one long ass chapter.

And by long, I mean 10,141 words. Yup. Whereas most of my chapters are no longer than 5,000 words. So if you're wondering why it took me so long to write it, well, there you go.

In fact, it's so long that I decided to split it up into two parts.

So, without further adieu, here is Chapter 50 - part I. I think you guys are really going to like this one, prepare yourselves! And thank you for coming and reading! Enjoy <3

P.S - there's no picture up right now because I cannot upload pictures off of my laptop, and my phone is currently broken! I'll get one up as soon as possible! In the meantime, read away!

***

Draco's POV -

A tremendous crash echoes throughout the third floor as our feet hit the ground again, a shock of pain jolting up my knees.

Jennifer lets out a harsh yelp from beside me. She collapses weakly into my arms, which I can barely support her with.

I don't even recognize her anymore; her hair is a tangled clump matted with dirt and blood, and her face is hidden beneath a few different gaping cuts and gashes. One of the largest ones is at least 4 inches long, cutting through layers and layers of flesh and oozing blood.

There's only one objective in my mind, and that's to get her to the hospital wing.

I don't have any idea what I'll say to Madame Pomfrey about showing up at midnight with a gash-covered girl sporting a blood stained dress, but I quickly make the decision to cross that bridge when it comes.

Despite the weak feeling that makes my knees feel like bags of water, I scoop her limp body up into my arms, and race out of the room.

My breaths are wild and untamed - some short and suffocated, others long and unsteady, and my eyes sting with salty tears.

I look down at Jennifer, who looks as though she's quickly slipping away from life. Her head sags over the back of my arm flimsily, thick crimson liquid dripping from her face and across the floor, marking our path.

I swallow down the swelling lump in my throat.

She's in grave danger; if I don't get her to the hospital wing soon, I don't want to think about what may happen.

With adrenaline coursing through me like a fatal poison, I begin to force my legs forward, quicker and quicker with each step.

I can't let myself become unfocused right now.

Jennifer's life is in my hands.

***

When I finally make it up to the hospital wing, I can barely breathe.

I shove Jennifer at Madame Pomfrey, who at first seems angered by my sudden arrival. But when she sees the motionless body draped across my arms, her eyes go very wide.

"Oh, Merlin..." Her trembling voice is near silent. Slowly, she glances up at me, her face troubled.

With a shaky breath, I draw my wand from my pocket, and point it discreetly in her direction. No one can know what truly happened to Jennifer. It's simply not an option.