Chapter 17

Here is the next chapter! As always, thank you to anybody who reads! Love you :) I'll shut up now so you can read the next chap😂

***

Jennifer's POV -

Before I realize it, November has begun to draw to a close. The boldly colored leaves have disappeared sooner than I'd have liked them to, and the soft yet chilly breeze now carries delicate snowflakes.

"Why is it so cold out here all of a sudden?" I say, my entire body quivering gently from a subtle breeze that passes over us. Today is our last Hogsmeade visit before winter break, and we are just making our way down to the cozy village.

"It's winter, dipshit." Josefina says, examining her gloves absentmindedly. I roll my eyes as Ginny laughs, and a sigh blows past my lips, forming a frosty cloud.

"You can borrow my scarf, if you like." Neville offers. Neville and I have become really great friends, something that I am very glad for.

"Are you sure? You may get cold." I ask. I don't want to be rude, and I also don't want him to be cold because of me being cold.

"Honestly, it's fine. Take it." He says, holding out the neatly folded scarf in his palm. I shrug, and cautiously take it.

"Thanks, Nev. But if you want it back, please tell me." I say, and he laughs a little bit. I loosely wind it around my neck, and a wave of warmth washes over me. I silently thank Neville.

After a couple hours of wandering around the shops and repeatedly asking Neville if he would like his scarf back, I spot Draco across the street.

My heart starts to pound like crazy, a sensation that overcomes me often when I'm around him. I'm a little bit nervous, mainly because we kissed on the astronomy tower only one night ago.

I still get butterflies when I think about that moment. Just thinking about it now sends my stomach into a frenzy.

As soon as I explain to my friends that I'm going to leave for a while (I don't mention Draco at all), the warmth of the Three Broomsticks abandons me, and I head out to go talk to him about something I haven't really decided on yet.

I half jog, half walk over to him, trying to conceal the smile that is forming on my face. His head turns my way, and he looks down at the snow covered ground, hiding his expression for a reason I can't identify.

"Hello." I say breathlessly when I finally catch up to him.

"Hey." He responds, but the happy look on his face dissolves.

I furrow my eyebrows, wondering what his deal is. "What is wrong?"

He sighs quietly. "Why are you wearing a Gryffindor scarf." It's more of a statement than a question.

I look down at my feet to hide the shade of crimson that my cheeks turn. "Um...it's Nevilles." I mumble, wringing my hands behind my back.

"Longbottom, huh? Why?" He says, and I can detect a small hint of annoyance in his voice.

"I was cold." I respond truthfully. I hope he doesn't think that something is going on between Neville and I. But, Draco is weird like that.

"Go take it back to him."

"What?! Why?" I say, my temper growing hotter by the moment. I am cold, I simply cannot help that.