Chapter 48

Hey guys!

Since I was absent for awhile and should have uploaded two chapters up by this point in time, I decided to double update today!

You guys will love this chapter...just wait and prepare yourselves!

Thank you for reading, enjoy my lovely readers!

***

Jennifer's POV -

I stare critically into Draco's full length mirror, rimmed with white granite.

The dress is one of Kelsie's, so naturally, it's a bit tight on me. Kelsie has such a slim and curvy waist, whereas I have no curves whatsoever.

It's a navy blue halter top crafted of glowing silk, with a wide, white skirt that forms a one foot radius around my feet. The skirt is decorated with navy liliums, and there are two horizontal slits on each side of my torso - just where the top meets the skirt.

Kelsie has bunched my curls up on the top of my head with an excessive amount of glittering pins, and lent me a pair of her white pearl earrings to borrow, as well.  

I smooth the fabric of the dress out against my legs, frown lines wrinkling my forehead.

Just then, Draco walks out from the bathroom behind me, wearing a black tuxedo that makes him look sharp and buff and better than I ever could.

I can't remember anything from the night before, and I'd asked him if there was anything I had missed. His curt answer to this question was a no, of course.

Coming up from behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist, he rests his head on my shoulder and gazes into the mirror. "You look stunning."

"Thank you." I say, my voice quiet. I'm not sure I believe him, but I appreciate the gesture.

"Is something wrong?" He asks softly, glancing at me.

I turn my head away from my reflection to look at him. "Just a little nervous is all." We're about to leave for the Vernal Celebration, which is the event we'd received an invitation for the previous day.

He presses his lips to mine gently, and just for a moment. They taste of peppermint. "Don't worry, Jen. I checked with my mom, and she said it's real. She's even going to be there herself."

I pause for a moment, and then nod my head, my eyes shifting towards the floor.

"You ready?" He asks again, and I give another nod of my head.

His arms slip from my waist as he walks over to his nightstand, and as soon as they do, I once again begin to feel unsure about this whole thing.

When Draco returns, stepping in front of me, he holds a small silver goblet. A portkey.

"Grab on," He says, shifting the cup in my direction. "It's set to leave in one minute."

Hesitantly, I curl my fingers around the base of the goblet, which is cold to the touch.

The last thing I see are Draco's polar grey eyes staring into mine, and then, my feet are no longer on the ground, and I'm whirring through the air violently, a blur of pale colors the only thing I see.