Chapter 41

Good morning my beautiful readers! Here's a crazy chapter that only starts the real chaos in this book! I hope you enjoy it and thank you so much for reading all this way! If you think this is crazy, just keep reading because this story is going to take an insaaaaane twist...anyways, enjoy this my sweet readers!

P.S - sorry this took awhile, I was camping! But I'll be back to the normal schedule soon! Love you and enjoy <3

P.S.S - some great songs I like to listen to for these kind of chapters include -

• Arsonist's Lullaby - Hozier
• Cherry Wine - Hozier
• New World - The Irrepressibles
• Tears (Prelude) - The Irrepressibles

Thank you once again!

***

Jennifer's POV -

The news of what had happened spread quickly.

It was Flint who burst in the common room at around 8:50 at night, and clearly out of breath, gasped, "Katie Bell was cursed on the trail to Hogsmeade!"

Immediately, the room breaks into chaos.

Students begin rushing out of the leather armchairs and couches and pouring out into the corridors, their eyes wide with either concern or curiosity.

"What the hell is going on?" Josefina mutters, rising off of a sofa near the fireplace and heading towards the portrait hole. Kelsie and I follow.

I know who Katie Bell is. She's a nice girl, a player on the Gryffindor Quidditch team. But what did Flint mean by "cursed"?

"It wasn't an accident."

I hear a high pitched and snobby voice laced with malice drawl from behind me. It's as though the speaker has read my mind.

Although my friends have already left the common room along with the rest of the students, I linger behind, turning around to see who the voice belongs to.

Of course, it's Blu.

She looks relaxed, twiddling with a lock of her blonde hair, appearing rather unbothered by Flint's announcement; so unbothered that it causes me to feel uneasy.

"It wasn't." She repeats, and I realize that she is talking to me after all. "Somebody did it to her."

After a moment, I manage to speak. "Who?"

A small and mischievous smile tugs at the corner of her lip. "Couldn't tell you." My full attention has obviously given her satisfaction. "But she was found laying in the snow. They don't know if she's alive."

Immediately, suspicion begins to blossom within me. I have no idea how Blu knows all of this, or if she's just making it up, but that's not my first concern right now.

Something deep inside of me tells me that this had something to do with Draco.

And I know I need to find him.

"You okay, Janette?" Blu taunts, smirking slightly. I must have been lost in thought for awhile.

"Yes," I say, still not fully present mentally. "I'm fine."