Chapter 11

Hey guys! Sorry you had to wait so long! I've been very busy with a volunteer program. Anyways, hope you enjoy! This is not edited btw!

Draco's POV-

"Goddamnit!" I yell in frustration, kicking the cabinet in front of me.

I glance around hurriedly, but then I remember I'm alone. It is extremely rare for a student to find this room while at Hogwarts. The Room of Requirement is very secluded, after all.

And I just happened to stumble upon it, for better or for worse.

My eyelids are tugging downwards, and I know I need to take a break. I'm exhausted. I haven't slept in days, and I feel like complete shit.

I half stride, half stumble, toward the door to the room, and make sure that the it's sealed behind me upon leaving.

I can't focus, my mind is on-well, other things. Everyone says that you shouldn't keep your emotions bottled up inside of you, but, hell, that's a lot better than telling anyone about this.

The corridors of the castle are basically deserted at this late hour, so I have to sneak along quietly and make sure I'm not caught by Filch. If anyone could hear me, damn straight it'd be him.

I creep into the Slytherin common room, and expect it to be empty, as well. But I'm wrong.

On a couch setting right in front of the hearth is a familiar red head. She's laying sideways, so her legs are spanned across the couch. A blanket is sprawled across her lap, and her eyes are gently closed, a book propped open over her stomach. Her head is lolled to the side, curls falling over her cheeks.

I feel a push of anger from the back of my mind, but it feels fake. I want to be angry at her, and I don't want to feel the way that I do. But I've discovered I can't really stay mad at her for that long. I resist the urge to swipe the curls from her face and mount the staircase to the boys' dormitory.

Although she fails to make me angry, she does stress me out. Even at the mention of her name, I want to yell, smile, and sigh.

I snap out of my thoughts. I can't think about her. I haven't felt this way about anyone else before, and I don't plan on starting now.

As much as I tell myself this, something inside of me whispers that it's already too late.

***

In the morning, I wake up to dim lights and quiet shuffling around the dorm. My instinct is to pull my covers over my head and go back to sleep, but I remind myself that no one in this dorm room usually wakes until 4 hours after the break of daylight, so something's going on. I ponder on it for a minute.

Shit. Fuck.

We have a Quidditch match against Hufflepuff today and I completely forgot, which is very unlike me. I always remember our games.

How in the hell did I forget this time?

I roll myself out of bed, and within a five minute period, I have my quidditch robes on, my duffle bag dangling off of my shoulder, and I'm chasing my teammates out of the dorm room.

The pitch is deserted. It's 6:00 am, and freezing as fuck. My breath takes the form of mist as soon as it blows past my lips, and the early morning fog is tinted with a frigid blue color.