Twelve

Short A/N before the chapter starts. I really love where this Arranged Marriage book is going. Its a different start to my j.g one so I'd love if some of y'all could chill it with comments that you don't like it. Or that they are moving too fast. I appreciate it.

Thanks to everyone reading and voting! You're amazing.
_____________________________

-Tori POV-

Dinner with the Maloleys was a whole mix of emotions from my side. At first I had been feeling over the moon because of Nate. I was thinking we really had a shot at this marriage thing. Even if it was arranged, maybe the feelings weren't arranged after all.

I wanted that.

But when I asked Nate if he would have done all these things with me and opened himself up if it wasn't arranged by our families - would he still feel for me?

Or was this just inspite of recent events?

Anyways its been a few days since the dinner. I hadn't spent anymore time with Nate since then and he hasn't called me either. I didn't bother to send him a text.

We just didn't speak.

"What's up with you two?" Jade asked as she walked into her living room that afternoon.

"Why?" I paused an episode of Reign as she sat down next to me on couch.

"Last night, I went out with the guys and Nate was with some girl." Jade said uneasily.

My heart sank. I haven't cried the entire time and I didn't plan on crying again. For some idiot move by Nate? I wouldn't let myself cry. No.

"You did?" I tried to sound neutral but I was angry. I really was hurt by this new finding. Who wouldn't be?

Jade nodded. "I cussed him out but he was so high he didn't even bother to listen."

"Hmm." I shrugged. "I don't really care."

"Tori." Jade raised her brow. "I didn't tell you this to hurt you purposely, I said it so you could know how hurt he is."

"Hurt? What could possibly hurt him into being with another girl?" I asked her a bit harshly.

"Nate never does that, he never goes out with girls who aren't friends. And I've never seen her around."

"I appreciate you telling me J." I sighed and squeezed her hand. "But Nate can do whatever the hell he wants."

"What - "

"We had a talk at that dinner the other night and I asked how he would feel about me if we weren't getting married and he hesitated. Like majorly."

"You can't base someone's feelings off uncertainty." Jade laughed.

I raised a brow. "His silence spoke oceans Jade, I know his type and I'm not going to get my heart broken by someone who can't be real with me."