Thirty-Six

-Tori POV-

"That was sick!" Nash yelled as the guys and Nates family returned later that evening.

Nate and I had taken a shower and were chilling on the loungers again like we had been all day. Pretending like we didn't just have the best session in the world a few hours ago.

"How about we a club now?" Kyle said as he nudged Nates foot and glances at me quickly. "Tez and I scoped a sick joint nearby."

Nate looked excited but bit his lip and looked at me. "Yo man. I can't just leave my wife when she's feeling - "

"You can!" I said quickly then leaned in closer. "You already made me feel sooo much better."

Nate smirked. "You sure babe? I promise if you need me I'm staying."

"I need you to not worry so much about me." I said gently. "Have some fun with the guys for once."

"She can hang with us." Monte said from the other side of the pool.

"Exactly." I smiled widely. "I won't be alone."

Nate finally gave in. "Alright alright as long as you're okay. I'll go with." I could see the excitement in his eyes.

-

After Nate had left, I decided to walk down to the little juice bar a few seconds away from the villa. They were already a few other people chilling there.

I sat down and ordered a large banana and strawberry smoothy. I kind of liked being alone for a while, just with my own thoughts so I could breath.

I'd always had a small family so being around Nate and his friends and family was a huge difference. I loved them all but it could get overwhelming at times.

The waitress handed me the smoothy to go and I handed the money. Just as I was about to grab a napkin...

"Tori?" I heard a familiar voice from the side and in my peripheral vision I could see the brown hair clearly.

I turned around slowly. "Cameron." I said from behind my straw. I felt my pulse quicken and it annoyed me.

"Guess you don't look happy to see me either." Cameron chuckled and slid his hands in his pocket.

I sighed. "No no its not that at all, I just thought you were with Nate and the guys tonight."

Cameron shook his head. "Nah I feel like I'm unwelcome right now."

"Cam." I gave him a soft look. Even though he could be blunt at times and I got annoyed - he was still a friend. One that I truly did care about.

"Its true." Cameron shrugged. "I mean I did mess up pretty badly."

I laughed. "I wasn't even that upset with you. Nate and everyone just saw it more differently."

"I should thank you for cutting me some slack." Cameron scratched the back of his neck and his eyes didn't meet mine. I could feel the sincerity.

"Hey." I said in an upbeat tone. "Order something then we can hang out. You don't have to be alone."

Cameron smiled. "Nates gonna kill us both."

"Oh please he wouldn't mind." I giggled and shrugged. "I don't wanna be alone either."

After Cameron getting his milkshake, we both left and walked down a path away from the villa. There were path lamps so we weren't in total darkness despite the late hour of the night.

"I really should thank you though, I mean I was so inappropriate back in that cave." Cameron spoke first.

"It doesn't really matter." I said in a neutral tone. "We all have our opinions on people...doesn't mean its the truth."