Thirty-Four

-Tori POV-

"I feel like its cold Nate!!" I gasped as Nate lightly splashed me with water.

After a good breakfast, all the family and friends had retreated to the beach for a swim and picnic. It was better than being cooped in the resort the whole day despite the pools.

"I feel like you're being a baby." Nate chuckled. His smile was so bright and lively as he jumped into the ocean, his skin tanned.

I stuck my tongue out and turned around wanting to walk back up to where Nates mom was sitting. But just as I turned, I felt Nates cold arms around my waist and him pulling me backwards.

"Nate!" I laughed. "You're so impossible!"

"Says the woman who wouldn't even get into the water with me." Nate said, his breath on my neck.

"You know I don't like swimming!" I said not even fighting his grip - we both knew he was stronger than me.

Nate chuckled. "What? Don't tell me you don't know how?"

I blushed.

Nate gasped dramatically. "You gotta learn though!"

"I'm too old." I said as Nate shifted around pulling us both deeper. I felt my heart race - wanting to get back on the shore.

"I'm gonna teach you." Nate said, not letting me protest. "One day you're gonna have to teach our kid."

I smiled. "In that case...I'll let you. But you have to promise to not pull surprises or let me go."

Just like that Nate turned serious and tightened his arms around my waist like his life depends on it. "Will I ever let you get hurt."

I wrapped my legs around him, as we furthered into the ocean. "I know." I run my fingers down his neck. "I'm just scared that's all."

"You're with me." Nate said. "No need to scared."

And so he helped me keep my head above water that morning. We did the whole lesson from doggy-paddle to swimming backwards. It was kind of funny the way he would rush to me when I panicked.

"You're a fast learner." Nate said as I reached out for him, a wave coming our way.

I chuckled. "Guess I'm just that good."

Nate held me close to him, we both smelled like sea salt and water. His eyes were red from the water now and I bet mine were too.

"You are good." He leaned forward and kissed my lips. The feeling was way too good, it lit up my whole body and made my toes curl. Despite the water, I felt swear on my brow when Nates hands roamed my thighs.

We kissed harder, like we needed each other to survive. My fingers curled into his wet hair, the other hand around his neck. It was easy. Passionate.

"What will I ever do without you." Nate muttered softly when we broke apart reluctantly. "Mmm?"

"You'll never have to find out." I said giving him a look of weakness. I loved him so much that I didn't how to even explain it.

Saying those three words just weren't enough anymore. They didn't suffice for all the emotions I had. And trying to imagine life before Nate...it was as if my previous life didn't exist.

"Don't make me find out. Don't ever leave me." Nate ran his finger down my been. "Please."

I felt my eyes sting but it wasn't from the sea water. "I never want to leave you."

And then he hugged me. His face buried in my neck and his arms around my waist. It was so wonderful. I felt like I was so connected to Nate now. It was so simple a gesture but the feelings were unmistakeable.

After that we both walked back up to shore hand in hand.

Just as we were about to reach our towel and clothes - a few girls walked up to Nate and I. They looked at him with wide and excited eyes.

"Skate!" One of them squealed in a high pitch tone I'm sure dogs across the country would register. She nudged her blonde friend.

"Omg! You're in Hawaii? Am I even seeing things." The redhaired friend said covering her mouth.

"And with Tori!?" The friend who spoke first said looking at me in awe. I was still surprised they knew about me but it was a given since Nate and I were open to his fans about the marriage.

They didn't know it was arranged. Or if they did, none if them mentioned it so I assumed the accepted me into Nates life which was a great deal to him and to me now.

"Y'all want some pics?" Nate asked them, his face lit up so brightly and I beamed at him.

They nodded excitedly.

"Your mom just called." I said to him under my breath which was a lie but I didn't want to be awkward. "Meet you when you're done."

Nate was about to say something but I kissed his cheek softly and then jogged up to the rest of the guys. The fans had quickly bombarded Nate which I didn't have a problem with...I just didn't feel a part of it.

And pretending like I was would be so weird.

"Yo yo yo Maloley." Johnson wiggled his brow when I approached. I flopped down on the other half of his towel and slid my shakes on.

"What's good Johnson?" I asked, laying back. He laid back too, sliding on his shades.

"Just soaking up the sun. Where's the young boy?"

"Met some fans." I said casually. "I feel like I'm starving."

"Story of my life." Johnson said. "Come on, mets get some pineapple from one of the stalls."

I sat up. "Yes. Let's."

So we took a stroll on the pebbled path and went to a stall where the woman was selling pineapples and watermelons already cut up. The smell was sweet and welcoming.

"So tell me how come you ditched Nate just now?" Johnson asked as we waited for our snack.

I laughed. "I didn't ditch. I just have him some space...he probably thinks I'm jealous."

Johnson chuckled. "He should be the jealous one here. Given what a gem he has."

"J-man!" I tried to hide my smile. I knew Jack was so sincere and meant no harm in any ways but still. I felt awkward whenever someone threw a compliment my way.

"And you shouldn't feel insecure. I know you left because you didn't feel fit next to Nate."

The lady handed us the fruit with a smile, Johnson grabbed a couple of napkins for us. We walked back to the spot on the beach

"Its just..." I trailed off.

"I get it." Jack nodded. "Don't explain."

"I'm sure you're the only one who does actually, if I had to tell Nate he would be so offended."

"Understandable." Javk nodded. "But also remember that Nate fell in love with you regardless of arrangement. That says a lot."

"You're so wise I could cry." I said as we neared the towel.

The conversation ended there because Nate was already laying on one of the towels. I sat beside him cross legged, he looked up and smiled.

I handed the fruit to him, but instead he leaned up and kissed me passionately. I could taste the seawater in his mouth but it was perfect.

"I really love you." Nate whispered.

I blushed. "I love you too."