Forty-Seven

-Nate POV-

"Hey man!" My agent - Ethan called two days after Tori and I looked at a few houses round California. We had decided on two final amazing ones - but Tori needed time to think about it.

I wasn't rushing her.

"Yo E!" I said as Tori peered from the stove, she was flipping pancakes. I winked at her. "What's good what's good?"

"I just rang Derek." Ethan boomed. "Y'all fellas gotta meet me at the office in a few minutes."

I chuckled. "I smell something good man!"

"That's just my pancakes love." Tori whispered and kissed my cheek as she set down a plate in front of me.

"I love you." I mouthed to Tori.

Ethan spoke again. "So head up here when you're done and we can discuss."

"Alright alright big man." I said and ended the call.

"You better take some for Ethan. He keeps bugging me for the recipe." Tori said pouring me a cup of coffee.

"I'll hit him." I shrugged casually and ate my breakfast - only half-joking.

Tori laughed. "What's the call about?"

"I have no clue." I said and waved Tori over to me. "Guess I'll find out when I head down just now."

Tori came over. I pulled her close. "I hope it's something big."

"Mmm me too baby." I nodded. I wanted a big break to get started, before any kids come I want us to be settled. Financially we were but I didn't want to be a dad who didn't have a job or profession.

"I know you'll be great." Tori ran her hands through my hair and I savored the feeling. "Let me know what happens."

"I will." I agreed but pulled her onto my lap gently. "But sit with me for a while, I just want you close."

"Im here." Tori wrapped her arms around me and hummed softly.

"Never leave." I mumbled and buried my face in the crook of her neck. I may appear tough but with Tori, I could crumble like a little baby.

Tori kissed the top of my head. "I never will."

And we stayed like that for a while. A perfect morning. I couldn't exactly wrap my head around the fact that we were a married couple. Husband and wife. Yet I feel like she's my bestfriend and partner in crime.

-

"Skathan! Luh!" Ethan's voice boomed as Derek and I stepped into his office. Even though Ethan was a jokster - he took the music business really serious. Which we were thankful for.

"What's good bruh?" I chimed and slid into the plush chair at Ethan's desk with Derek beside me. We swiveled around in them a little.

Ethan snorted. "Kids."

"Alrights down to business." I slammed my fist gently on the table.

Derek crossed his leg. "Lay it on us big man."

"So what if I told y'all..." Ethan smirked knowingly. I felt the excitement build up in me. "...I struck several deals and got you two to collab with a bunch of artist?"

"You're lying!" Derek perked up.

"Am I?" Ethan asked with a smile then settled back in his chair looking at Derek and then at me with glee.

I sat upright. "Like who?"

"To name a few." Ethan sighed. "Justin, Bryson Tiller, T Mills, and Blackbear."

"What the fuck." I collapsed in my chair from overexcitement. "You're playing."

"Contracts here kids." Ethan tapped a few papers on his desk.

"Oh god." Derek grinned. "Dude this will be so friggen solid for us."

I nodded. I was unable to believe what Ethan was saying. It was all coming too fast.

"There's more." Ethan said sitting up right too. "I know you kids have lives and skate you just got married...but this is somewhat of a tour."

"Tour?" Derek echoed. He was excited, he didn't gave any major ties to worry about like I did.

I felt my excitement damper down. I wasn't shaken by the tour - I was amped - but I was more upset by the fact that Tori wouldn't let me pass this up. She would be really happy.

"That's why I arranged for your wife to come along." Ethan smiled. "If she wants to that is, you know how stressful it can be traveling."

I nodded. A little relief sunk back in as Ethan said those words. But a small pit in my stomach formed already and I wasn't able to shake it yet.

"But anyways." I forced a smile. "Let's talk about this tour! Damn, feel like it's all coming together."

"It sure is." Ethan eyed me warily.

-

"Honey! That's incredible." Tori pounced on me in a bear hug. Her legs wrapping around my torso.

I felt the excitement creep back in. "You think so?"

"Kidding? You get to meet all these celebs and make more music." Tori squeezed her arms around me.

I laughed and slid my arms around her waist, wrapping her in them. Her hair flew all over my face but I loved the soft feel of it. It smelled so good.

"I'm glad you're happy, I was a little doubtful - "

"Doubtful?" Tori jumped down from my waist. "You can't be doubtful! This is the biggest opportunity yet."

"I know that - "

"So!" Tori poked my sides playfully. "I think you should embrace it more. You deserve it Nate."

I scratched the back of my head. Tori frowned and looked at me worriedly now. Her brows knitted together in confusion.

"But...you're not happy?"

I sighed. "Not entirely. I'm happy about the tour and everything just..."

Tori slid her hands behind her back now, looking at me with those soft gentle eyes that looked like they could cry any second but I know she wouldn't.

"There's traveling." I began. "Which isn't too bad because you can come with me baby! We don't have to separate."

Tori bit her lip.

"And the studying." I added. "Ethan said he'd figure something out so you could study and write exams from any country we're in."

I took a step closer to Tori but she seemed to have taken a million steps away from me. I didn't try to touch her just yet.

"If you don't want me to go, I swear to God I'll stay." I muttered. "I'll stay with you."

Tori glanced at me. "You known I would never say that Nate."

"Then how do you feel?" I asked now trying to touch her but she flinched away and closed her eyes.

"I just...let it sink in?" She smiled at me softly. "I didnt know it was a couple of tours too."

"Its not much to process." I shook my head and gripped her hand. "We can't fight about this Tori."

"I'm not fighting." Tori sighed. "We just had different plans. Or at least I thought we had different plans."

Then she wriggled out of my grasp and jogged upstairs. That's when the new house and family plan came back into my mind.

I had tossed it aside.