Sixty-Four

-Tori POV-

"Where's Sofia?" I asked, two days later as I emerged from Sammy's room.

"Its mid afternoon." Sammy looked up from the TV. "She has work."

I chuckled. "Did I really sleep in?"

Sammy nodded. "Youre pretty lazy."

I nudged him. "I'm pretty pregnant."

"Right! I forgot." He smirked at me.

"How can you?" I sat down beside him on the couch. "I'm like eating all your food. We should do some grocery shopping."

"We can head out now?" Sammy checked his watched. "Sofia works late hours so we might as well."

"What if we see Nate?" I bit my lip. I know Nate got home two days ago and he's been calling but I've been avoiding as usual.

What did he expext?

Sammy shrugged. "Do you think Nate is doing grocery shopping while you're away?"

I snorted. "Good point! Let me shower first."

I got up just as Sammy's phone rang and I spotted the caller ID. It was Nate calling. I looked at Sammy who looked at me in panic.

"Should I answer?" Sammy whispered as if he had already picked the phone up.

I nodded. "If you don't, he'll suspect that we're together and obviously you aren't in England!"

"Right." Sammy nodded and picked his phone up like it was a time-bomb. He cleared his throat. "Wassup?"

I whispered. "Speaker!"

Sammy hit speaker. Nate's voice came out of the receiver. "Sup man, how you doing?"

"All good...what's been up with you skate?" Sammy asked, keeping his eyes on mine.

"Shits been hitting me lately, figured I'd call."

"Alright...I heard about Tori from your mom." Sammy said, making this all up obviously. "I'm really sorry."

"I guess I just wanna apologize for being a dick to you too." Nate said. "You're like a brother and I crossed a few lines when all you did was look out for my wife."

Sammy sighed. "You know I have mad love for you man."

"Likewise brother." Nate agreed. "I'm on my way to England anyways...I hope she can tell how much I love her."

Those words hit me. Sammy looked at me biting my lip and he didn't stop Nate from talking.

"I can't lose Tori. If I did, I'd probably lose myself." Nate continued. "She's my life man...what do I do?"

I covered my face with my hands.

"Just...just give her space. Let her just process it on her own." Sammy finally spoke. "I know its hurting her but she loves you."

I looked up at Sammy with sad eyes and he could tell I love his friend.

"She really loves you." Sammy spoke again. "Take it slow."

Nate sighed. "I'll call you later. Thanks for everything."

"Alright champ." Sammy said and ended the call.

I bit my lip. "He's going to England and he's gonna know I'm not there."

Sammy laughed. "Then I hope he feels like an idiot."

I chuckled and headed to the bathroom to shower. After this I don't know how Nate will react to the fact that I've been with Sammy the whole time. He wouldn't like it.