Twenty-Two

-Jade POV- 

I laughed. "You can count on me."

I was relieved. We were on speaking terms again, I was back in the game. For a while I let my emotions get the better of me. I knew Tori would never hurt me so how could I.

Just as Tori was about to speak, the guys tackled her into a group hug. All of them yelling happy birthday. I chuckled and took a step back, watching my friends laughing and smiling.

I was smiling too. But I didn't feel it in my heart.

"Look at them." A voice said coolly behind me. I jumped and looked back to see Sera behind me.

"Why are you here?" I rolled my eyes at her dramatic entrances. "Nobody invited you, that I'm sure of."

Sera chuckled. "Oh come! You really gonna be rude to someone who you've become besties with?"

I stiffened.

"You didn't tell anyone - especially Tori that you and I are hanging out?" Sera spoke with an annoying note to her voice. "Kinda hurts."

"Its no big deal." I gave her a look. "Its her birthday and wedding...she should be happy."

"While it last."

"Look I know you and I are friends now but can you cut it out with all the trying to ruin their relationship." I groaned and tried to block her out. "Its old."

The guys were giving Tori little gifts as they had arrived late. I noticed Cam waiting at the back to talk to Tori and felt my muscles tense.

"Tori may be your friend but once she marries Nate, you're gonna be forgotten hun." Sera went on. "And that just means Cameron gets to see her more."

I clenched my fists. "Please stop."

"You're doing it to yourself." She spoke softly now. "Because you know I'm not lying."

I didn't answer. I was too busy watching Cameron hug Tori and spin her around a little. His gift was bigger than the other guys. Tori blushed. And I was annoyed.

"Think I'm gonna go home." I mumbled and trudged away. I hated for Sera to get the better of me but everything she was saying is true.

I guess I was too caught up in envy that I let her get inside my head.

As I was heading towards the gate, I felt someone pull me backwards. "The party isn't over! Where are you going?" Tori laughed.

I smiled weakly. "I don't feel good."

She frowned. "Jade...what's going on?"

"Just..." I pulled my hand away. "I need some sleep Tori, I'll come over tomorrow though."

And with that, I walked away feeling so guilty.

-Tori POV-

"Hey baby, I was looking for you." I felt Nates hand lace around my waist as I watched Jade walk away from me.

"Does Jade seem weird to you lately?" I asked as he lead me back to the carnival ride.

"Meaning?" He wrapped his arms around me.

"She's been MIA like crazy, doesn't even return my calls and now she just seems depressed."

"Talk to her tomorrow babe, just give her some space." Nate kissed my cheek. "For now, I want you to enjoy your birthday."

I smiled. "I didn't get a chance to thank you for all this. Its more than amazing Nate and you're - "

"Don't mention it." He smiled. "I know you love the carnival so I hired this out, figured you'd like the ferris wheel most, reminding you of London."