Eighteen

-Tori POV-

"Relax!" Jade rubbed my arms. "You're moving in with Nate and it's going to be okay."

I pouted. "I have to live with a boy!"

Jade chuckled. "Nate's gonna take care of you babe, besides I think its way overdue that you move in."

"He'll be here to get me any minute now, I guess." I sniffed as Jade pulled me into a hug.

"I'm excited for you!" She shook my arms.

When I pulled away, I shot Jade an evil eye. "Excited for me or for Derek to come over? What about Cameron?!"

Jade groaned. "Are you going to grill me now mom?"

"I'm just curious! You haven't told me what's been going on at all." I shrugged and nudged the last suitcase with my clothing.

It was 10 p.m on a Saturday. Jade and I had stuffed all my clothes into two bags ready for Nate to come and get me. And take me to my new home.

"Okay here's the thing." Jade said sitting down in the rug in front of me. "I have liked Cameron for years, but he hasn't seemed to take the hint. Everyone says he likes me but...it's not there."

"So why not talk to him." I said softly. "I know Cameron is the sweetest, he could be just shy."

Jade snorted. "I can't do that, I don't want to invite misery into my life...but there's Derek who knows how to take control and has been bugging me for a date since last vacation!"

"And you haven't said yes because?"

"He's a rapper." Jade shook her head sadly. "They don't stay forever and I don't want that - "

She stopped and looked at me with her brows raised. I was with a rapper so what made Nate different to what she thinks about Derek. My nerves were shot to the max.

"Oh god Tori!" Jade said. "I didn't mean it like that."

It was only then had I noticed how off Jade has been since the barbeque at Nates house. I tried to rack my brain but couldn't understand why. Just then a hooter sounded. I knew it was Nate and even if it wasn't, I don't think I wanted to stay here any longer.

"Whatever." I shrugged, grabbed my bags and walked to the door.

"Tori!" Jade groaned and followed me. "I didn't mean Nate was like that!"

"You meant all rappers are like that." I said in a small voice. I didn't and could never be rude to Jade so I didn't argue, I just walked out.

And thank goodness it was Nates car outside, he was halfway across the parking lot. He stopped me from walking furiously pass him.

"Woah babe...I was gonna come in and say hi to Jade." He said looking at me worriedly. "You okay?"

I didn't even look back but I knew Jade was standing behind us, thinking Nate might make me calm down so she could talk.

"Can we just go?" I pleaded, feeling my eyes burn. Besides, it was already late and I wanted to go home. I looked pass Nate, not really looking at anything in particular.

Nate nodded. "Sure. Of course babe."

He took my bags while I got into his car and tossed them into the backseat. Then he got into the driver seat and started the car up, but we didn't speak. The radio was on and covered the silence between us.

The drive to Nates place was fine. I mean I didn't really speak and Nate seemed to catch on that I wasn't in the best mood to talk. Guess he understood.

He pulled up in his driveway and cut the engine. The radio died down and the real silence sunk in heavily.

"Alright." Nate shifted. "What's going on Tori?"

I looked ahead. "Nothing."

Nate paused for a while. I knew he was staring at me, wanting me to face him and speak but I couldn't. How naive could I have been the past few weeks?

Jade was right!

Maybe that's why I suddenly felt a massive withdrawal. I felt like my life came crashing down before I could dodge the bullet. The truth was out there now, waiting for me to realize it.

Nate touched my hand. And it was like all my fears faded. A little sigh escaped my lips as he squeezed my hand firmly, protectively.

"Tori. I'm here." Nate whispered. "I know you aren't okay."

Jades words seemed to be floating in my mind now. How could I possibly forget she said that, it clearly meant something to me too since I was marrying a rapper.

"Nothing." I snatched my hand away and opened the door. I forced a really bright and lively smile. "Let's get inside! Its kind of late and I could use the sleep."

Nate looked disappointed but what could I say? I'm really sad because my best friend reckons rappers are the worse thing since no WiFi. They are incapable of love or staying in a relationship for longer than months.

No, that was ridiculous. So we got out of the car. Nate taking my bags inside as I followed the path leading up to the front door. I always liked Nates house. Even though he was a rapper, he had a small family like house.

Maybe we'd move after the wedding. I just didn't know, if we even last that long according to Tori. My mind was on that now and I wish I could let it go and be happy.

Nate took my bags upstairs but I stayed down in the kitchen, wanting to avoid all confrontation. It seemed easier and by tomorrow morning, I'd feel better.

I leaned over the sink, after having a glass of water. I heard footsteps behind me, but didn't turn.

"You want to talk to me now?" Nate asked quietly.

I didn't answer. I wasn't going to go about this the normal way, argue that I was fine and turn it into something bigger.

"Tori!" Nate gripped my arm. He wasn't  violent about it, just enough for me to turn around.

"What." I averted my eyes and pulled my arm out of his grip.

Nate groaned. "What the hell is going on babe!? I know something isn't okay and you're fighting me."

I closed my eyes. "Nate just - !"

"No! No I'm not gonna let this go." He yelled. "Maybe you're different, but I can't let anything come between us. We don't have a choice."

I looked up at him. His eyes were wide but so soft and gentle. I felt like crying but instead, I threw my arms around his neck.

I heard him chuckle. "Okay...not what I was expecting."

"I just forget how much you care." I said into his chest. "And forget how lucky I really am."

"I'm the lucky one." He ran his hands through my hair. "Believe me."

I sniffed and pulled away. "Before you picked me up, Jade and I had a little argument and she basically said all rappers can't hold a relationship...that this can't last."

Nate nodded and took a few steps back, frowning. "And...you believe her?"

"I - I don't know." I heard my voice break a little.

His brows raised. Nate looked like he was about to say something but closed his mouth and shook his head.

Then he walked away.

"Where are you going?" I walked out after him.

"I don't know." Nate muttered and slammed the front door harshly.

______________
I don't know this chapter is messy, I guess I need a filler.