Fifty-Eight

-Tori POV-

The time in the room seemed to have stopped. Everyone went still for a moment after Nate had his arms wrapped around my waist and clung to me.

"Oh you guys!" Derek exclaimed and wrapped his arms around me. "Congrats yo! Looks like I'm gon be an uncle!!"

That seemed to revive the room. All the guys had formed a circle around us and started cheering us on - which was weird on my part since I barely knew them but that seemed to have Nate beaming.

"We're so happy!!" Some guy said patting Nate on the bag when he finally stood up.

Nate gushed. "God, I'm still...I can't believe it. I can't believe I'm gonna be a dad." He slid his arm around me. His eyes were red but he kept in together on behalf of his new friend.

Everyone threw around compliments and congratulations. It was pretty fantastic that they cared so much for Nate. It bummed me out that most of my friends were in London.

"Dude what's up with you." Another guy in a snapback said. We all looked up to see who he was talking to and our eyes landed on Justin.

He leaned against the makeup table casually. I realised that he was the only one who hadnt even patted Nate on the back, he just stood all bitterly and smug - away from the group. I had a sick feeling that shit was about to hit the fan tonight.

"What do you mean?" Justin shrugged nonchalantly. "Why don't I look so happy and enthusiastic?"

Nate tensed as he tried to figure out what Justin meant or where his attitude had come from. He slid hid arm off me and took a step  forward.

"Dude what's going on yo?" Nate asked Justin. "You've been off with me the whole time today and even bad-mouthed Tori before the show. What's going on?"

"You bad-mouthed me?" I asked, a little hurt even though I didn't care how Justin felt.

He shrugged. "You two are just so wrong for each other and I'm shocked that you're trying to fake this. When I heard it was arranged - there's no way Nate could have made it work otherwise."

"Hey!" Derek cut in. "You don't even know the homie."

"But I know that Tori is all too good for him." Justin said in a harsh tone and kept his eyes on me, tense and fierce. I couldn't even look into them.

Nate balled his fists. "You better stop looking at my wife that way or I swear I'll kill you - "

"Nate please." I slid my hand over his fists. "I don't wanna start a fight."

"It's not you babe. Its this clown!" Nate gritted his teeth. "It all makes sense now! The way Justins always trying to separate us and keep you away...the way he looks at you like he's - "

Nate couldn't even get the words out before taking a few steps and punching Justin before anyone could figure out what he was doing. I gasped and tried to reach Nate as he shoved Justin against the mirror but Derek intercepted for me.

"Let me at him!" Nate tried to push Derek but Derek kept him away.

"Babe please - " I started.

Nate interrupted. "I can't believe you! I can't believe I even looked up to you for my career...I'm fucking glad this is the last show."

Nate finally broke free from Derek's grip and walked out of the room. Everyone had been staring and finally turned around and pretended to be busy with something else. Justin touched the blood running down his nose and shot me an angry look.

"Come on Tori." Derek slid his arm around me and steered me away.

-

"Baby." I slowly opened Nate's bedroom room and peeked inside to see him brooding I've the laptop. His face was set.

He looked up and shut the laptop off, pushing it to the edge of the bed, making room for me next to him. I shut the door and went over to sit beside him, keeping a small smile on my face. He sighed when i reached out and touched his hand.

"You okay?" I asked him.

Nate chuckled. "I should be asking you that." He covered my hand and his with his other hand.

"Nothing happened with Justin, I mean he tried to threaten me with your career but I didn't - "

"Tori I know you didn't." Nate said. "I'm just angry, you know I don't want anyone to mistreat you that way. Youre my girl and I'm supposed to notice shit like that."

"I should have told you." I ran my free hand across his face. He was so handsome - too perfect and I just wanted to admire him for the rest of my life. "I just didn't wanna mess up the good chance for you and Derek."

"Your safety and comfort and feelings come before anything baby, before anyone!" Nate let my hands go and knelt down in front of me as I sat on the bed. "In future I gotta know everything so I can take care of it."

I nodded. "I love you so much Nate...I really do."

"I love you my angel." Nate slid his hands across my thighs. "I just wanna protect you from everything. Youre my life."

"You already do." I smiled. "Believe me you mean just as much to me, Nate."

He smiled and gazed at me. I felt my whole body shiver from the look in his eyes - knowing that he was the only one who could do that to me, surprised me still.

"We're gonna have a little baby." I said softly.

Nate laughed. "I just can't believe it!!!!" Nate got up and ran his hand through his hair.

"Neither can I." I ran my hand across my still flat stomach and tried to imagine it growing by the day. "I mean, we're finally gonna have a family of our own."

"Crazy huh?" Nate bit his lip. "Come on,i wanna take you out for dinner in New York before we leave."

"You don't - " I began.

Nate took my hand and pulled me up. "I want to take my wife out for dinner! So let me."

I giggled and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Youre everything Nate Maloley."