Twenty

-Tori POV-

Now I don't usually cry, I mean I could he heartless at some times but this time I let myself feel.

Because it really hit close to home. My heart was aching.

"I - I - " Nate tried to get out but he just stared at me with an open mouth. Well i guess he's just as surprised as I am.

Time seemed to have stopped now, but people around us were still dancing and laughing happily. They seemed to have no care in the world.

I quickly wiped my tears away, trying to toughen up but that made it worse. I wished I could have crawled into a ball and cried.

So I just turned around and stormed out of the club, pushing pass drunk and high people. They didn't even bother with me as I sniffed the tears away hastily. This is what I get for bottling my emotions up too much.

"Tori!" I could hear the faint call of my name as I continued to rush pass people towards the front door. The bouncer spotted me and opened it before hand, a frown on his face.

I hope he shut it before Nate could come after me but, sadly, he hadn't and I felt someone yank my arm violently. I spun around and faced Nate who looked so furious.

"Please don't." I said weakly, unable to argue or talk about this now. I didn't even want to he angry - I just wanted some sleep.

Nate shook his head, not letting my arm go. "I can't let this happen! Tori you know I didn't come here to meet her."

I blinked away hot tears. "I don't care, I really don't...I just wanna go home."

"I know you care." He shook my arm. "I refuse to let anyone come between us especially when we're finally in a good place!"

A few people were walking in and out of the club, some not even paying attention to two people yelling at each other in front of it. It must have been funny.

I didn't answer, I just looked anywhere but into his eyes. Because if I did, it would be game over and I'd fall into his arms easily. I wanted that, but I didn't want to lose my courage.

"Tori please." Nate begged. "I was here with Sammy and she just showed up! I don't even know how she knew we would be here."

I shook my head, the words were going into one ear and out of the other. I just wanted to slap him but hug him and also scream until my voice was gone. It was a frustration sort of feeling.

Nate pulled me close, he was so strong and determined that I let him pull me closer. He touched my chin and lifted my head so I could look into his eyes. Even in the darkness - he looked so good.

"Believe me." He begged, searched my eyes for answers.

"Do you think its so easy for me to do that Nate?" I asked in a small voice. "I can't just sit around knowing every girl wants to get with you."

"What about me? You have all my friends wanting you and wishing they were marrying you." Nate frowned. "My own friends! God knows what other guys think."

He gritted his teeth for a moment, anger flashed in his beautiful eyes.

"Its not the same." I said. But actually it was, I just didn't think it could be that way. I wasn't even famous, I was me.

"But it is." Nate touched my cheek. "And I don't give a fuck about any other woman, Tori I need you to trust me. I don't even look, I don't need to when you're right here."

"Just give me some time." I covered his hand with mind, but my voice shook a little.

"Of course." Nate pulled me into his arms and held me. "Tori...I love you. I just need you to know all I want is you, and I will never stop trying to show you that."

I just kept quiet and just clung to Nate, burying my face in his warm chest. His familiar scent made me feel so at ease and at home.

"My life." He whispered and kissed my head as we stood in front of the club. I didn't even care, it all felt perfect being with him.

Things had escalated so fast.
-

"Tori - " Nate began as we returned home later that night. It was nearly morning though. My head was spinning a little and the bed looked so good as I slipped my jacket off.

I sniffed. "Can we drop it for tonight? I don't either of us are fit for a discussion at one in the morning."

Nate nodded. "Yeah you're totally right."

I climbed into his bed, so comfortable and safe. I wrapped the sheets around me, feeling my eyes get heavier and heavier.

I felt Nate lean down in front of me. His lips brushed my forehead lightly, his hands in my hair. He stayed that way for a while.

"I'll take the couch." He began and pulled away reluctantly.

I gripped his hand, our fingers laced together. "Stay."

"Sure?" He murmured, softly.

I nodded and shifted so he could get in on this side. After slipping his jeans off along with his shirt, Nate crawled in beside me and covered us with the sheets.

I sighed as he wrapped his arms around my body, pulling me close and holding me tightly. It was like all my fears faded instantly and it was just us, in the dark.

"I love you." I whispered against his chest, my body curled up against his.

Nate held me tighter. "I love you more."

And then we fell asleep together.

____________
Are y'all liking the book so far? The chapters to come are going to be so so much better!