Nineteen

-Tori POV-

"Hey Sammy!" I said as he picked up the second I called him that night.

"Yo T! What's up?" Sammy said, I could almost hear him smiling.

I sighed. "I - "

"Woah what's wrong?" He asked before I could get the words out. "That sigh was unmistakably sad."

I couldn't help but laugh bitterly. This night that was supposed to be special and marked me moving in with Nate but had turned sour.

All because I told him how I felt.

But despite it all, I refused to sit and sulk over this. I was determined to fix things with Nate. He always tried so hard and I'd be selfish to ignore it. It was one of those times when someone meant more to you than some fight.

Technically it wasn't even a fight, it was more of a misunderstanding and Nate needed to be set straight. I just wanted to make sure he was okay.

"Its Nate." I whispered.

"What happened?"

I told Sammy the story. "And he just walked out, looking like he was ready to go on a drinking rampage."

Sammy groaned. "No, don't worry, the kid will probably turn up at my house after driving a couple blocks."

"Are you sure? Please just keep him safe for me." I said. "I really need to talk to him when he's calmed down."

"Look, Nates probably bummed out because of all that." Sammy began. "So come over to talk to him here."

"I don't know - "

"Better yet! I'll take him down to the club so he can chill and then you can show up after I talk to him." Sammy suggested.

I thought on it for a minute. "Okay yeah I like that better...maybe he needs a friend too."

If I'd gone to Sammy's house, even with Nate there, it would have looked really sketchy to him. He was already wary of Sammy and I becoming close friends, I didn't want to make it worse.

"Okay give me like an hour." Sammy said. "I'll text you soon."

"Thank you Sammy." I breathed out. "I really appreciate this."

"Hey, I would do anything for you now, we're like family." He said gently.

My heart exploded. "We are."

"Speaking of the devil." Sammy chuckled. "Nate just rolled up."

"Okay see you soon!" I said and then hung up the call.

I just had to wait now for Sammy to get back to me. To pass the time, I just watched TV and ate some ice cream. I looked down at my outfit which was swears and a tank top.

Before I could do anything more, Sammy texted me to Vibe - the club that they were at. I wanted to see Nate so badly that I rushed to throw a jacket on.

I didn't even care that I was about to rock up in sweats to a new club.

-Nate POV-

"So what happened?" Sammy asked as we sat along the club bar.

I didn't know why we didn't just head over to his house. I guess I needed a drink and to get away. This seemed fitting.

"Dude I love Tori." I buried my face in my hands. "And every time things go really well, someone messes it up."

"Who?"

"Jade." I shrugged. "She's putting shitty thoughts into Tori's head about me and how I'm gonna leave her once we get married."

Sammy frowned. "That's not even possible bro, they're like best friends and everything."

"I don't care if it was her mother." I balled my fist. "Its so frustrating because I'm out here trying to be better for Tori and everyone shits on me."

"Just give her space." Sammy signalled the barista for another drink. "Tori isn't used to all this, you can't expect her to be trustful so quickly."

"But she should know..."

"It'll take time." Sammy said. "If I know Tori well enough, she wants to come off strong but needs someone to remind her she isn't alone."

I glanced at Sammy. Did he really care that much about Tori? I didn't say anything but I trusted Sammy not to let his feelings get the better of him.

"So what should I do now?" I asked quietly as two more drinks appeared in front of us.

Sammy shrugged. "Go home and make her feel like she matters and trust me, she'll do the same."

I nodded. Then we downed our drinks at the same time.

"Lemme use the bathroom first then I'll drive you home." Sammy said and disappeared through the crowd quickly.

As I was about to request one more drink to pass time, I felt a hand on my thigh that made me jump.

"No need to be nervous of me." I turned to see Sera beside me, a smirk painted across her face.

I shifted and moved her hand off my thigh. "What are you doing here Sera?"

"You looked lonely so I figured you'd need company." She pouted and pulled the chair closer to me.

"My wife went to the bathroom, I'm just waiting on her to get back." I snapped and turned back to face the barista.

Sera laughed. "Tori you mean? You aren't married yet sweety and I know you're in a spat. I overheard your convo with Sammy boy."

"Is eavesdropping your thing?" I raised my brow.

Sera's smirk faded. "Its what made me realized just how faithful you were when we were together."

I gritted my teeth.

"You didn't tell Tori about us." Sera giggled. "I mean how it happened and the breakup."

"She doesn't need to know!" I snapped at Sera. "You and I are nothing, absolutely nothing."

"Then why are you getting so worked up about it?"

I groaned. "Can you just leave? I can't stand being around you."

Sera moved so close that her lips were touching my ear. Her breath smelled like alcohol.

"When this is all over, you know my number babe." She whispered and kissed my ear. Then she got up and walked away.

I turned around, ready to cuss her out and make a scene. But when I turned around, all I saw was Tori standing in the crowd with tears falling down her beautiful face.