Seventy-Eight

-Tori POV-

*Two weeks Later*

"Morning love." I pecked Nates cheek the next morning as I passed him when entering the kitchen.

"Hey, come here." Nate groaned and pulled me closer, before I could reach the fridge.

I smiled. "What's up?"

"You can't just peck my cheek." He frowned. "I need some extra loving."

I stood on my toes, wrapped my arms around Nates neck and kissed him full on his lips. I felt his hands grip my waist, sliding down slowly as I gripped his hair in my fists. Our lips melted in a passionate kiss that made my toes curl a little.

Nate's grip tightened and I wanted nothing more than to stay in that moment. I wanted to kiss him, hold him, just him - for that moment.

But then, his cellphone rang loudly making me jump away.

I laughed and covered my face.

"F.uck." Nate mumbled, rolling his eyes with a small smirk on his face.

I rushed to the fridge, to get on with breakfast - feeling like a little girl all flustered from Nate's kiss. He still had that effect on me.

"Hey yo, nice hearing from you mama G." Nate gushed.

I raised my brow, wondering who he was talking to and why did he sound so polite. Not that it's a bad thing but? I continued mixing eggs for some scrambles.

"I'll let Tori know, thanks for the invite and tell the old man I said hey." Nate chuckled. "Talk soon!"

He ended the call and sighed deeply like bad news was arriving. I took out a frying pan and glanced at Nate briefly.

"What's that about?" I asked slowly.

"Katherine." Nate said.

I shrugged, not sure who he was talking about.

"Oh Gilinsky!" Nate chuckled. "Jacks mother invited us to a family dinner tonight to celebrate Jack and Han back in LA."

My eyes widened. "Oh wow! That's so sweet of here, I can't believe she thought of all of us."

"Yeah, she's really great but - "

"Nate!" I exclaimed. "Don't tell me you're still anti-Jack."

"You won't understand babe." Nate ran a hang through his thick hair. His eyes were downcast and I could tell something was really bothering him.

I walked over to him. "Make me understand, then? Tell me why you guys don't get along?"

"Babe." Nate rubbed my arms. "I don't want you to get in on the weird vibe between us. It's bad enough."

I sighed. "I'm just afraid you're gonna shut me out, Nate. I mean after - "

"Woah woah." Nate pulled me against him. "I swear to God, I won't shut you out baby. I love you, alright?"

I nodded. "I love you too."

Nate pecked my forehead. "I'll check on Natalia while you're busy."

"Thanks." I smiled as Nate jogged back upstairs to our daughter.

I felt so uneasy about the way he wouldn't even mention abit of what happened between him and Gilinsky. I just hoped it wasn't something I couldn't forgive - or at least understand.

But I trusted Nate - eventually he would come around.

-

Later that day, Nate and I decided to drop Natalia off at his parents off for a couple hours. I was usually worried about letting go but I trusted his parents more than enough.