Fifty

-Nate POV-

"Wanna run around Time Square little bit kid?" Derek asked as he walked in my room at a swanky hotel in NY.

I looked up from my phone. "Sure why not, Tori isn't getting my calls so she must be asleep."

"You miss her?" Derek cooed like a child.

I hid my emotions pretty well from him or just about anybody. Tori and I were in a mature relationship and we love each other. There was no need to fret over the usual.

"I miss her like crazy." I said, truthfully I missed her more than that.

I missed waking up beside her, watching her for a while. The jokes and all the sarcasm she threw my way. I missed the smile she gave when I told her that I love her. And the loving...

But I tucked that in a box in the back of mind. I had to stay focused with Derek on the tour - this meant a great deal to us and we could get more recognition. I was concerned about music solely.

Derek ruffled my manbun "I bet she misses you more son."

I snorted and fixed my hair. "Well Tori hasn't responded to my calls since after checking up on me when we landed in New York."

"Timezones." Derek gave me a look. "You can't be beat up, this is how things are gonna be mate."

I rolled my eyes. "Thanks for the sincerity yo."

"You know what I mean man." Derek chuckled and side hugged me. "If we get a few hits, we'll do a tour ourselves and then what? What if T can't come then either?"

I sighed. That was the truth afterall. We both had to get used to this as fast as we can, it wasn't the relationship that I wanted nor what Tori had signed up for either. But what could we do.

I checked my phone once again hoping she would respond.

"Alright." I grabbed my jacket. "Let's head out for tonight, concert only starts later."

"Yeah boy!" Derek nudged me. "Might as well enjoy the NY ladies while I'm still a single man."

I laughed and nodded in agreenemnt but deep down I was hardly bothered. Derek could sleep with every woman in this city and I wouldn't care - because what I had waiting back home was so much more than any girl.

I caught myself smile at the thought of Tori, how supportive she is about the whole process. I wish I could get across to her how much she means to me.

"Oh shoot let me get my phone!" Derek said and dashed to his room beside mine as I buzzed the elevator.

Just then I received a text message from an unknown number. I tried to rack my brain and think if I'd seen the number before - not wanting to open it right away.

Before I could anyways, Derek bounced back. "I got a list of the best clubs around so you're in good hands."

"Alright alright." I chuckled and slid my phone away, thinking I'd get back to the text later on.

-

The night progressed well. Derek and I had hit several clubs where we were even acknowledged and requested in the VIP lounge.

We drove to Justin's concert venue in a lush limo that he had sent by the last bar we were chilling at.

"Show time bro-man." Derek rubbed his hands together. The amount of alcohol we consumed didn't even phase us one bit - having been used to this lifestyle way before.

I had the finicky habit of checking my phone constantly. Tori still hasn't gotten back to me - classes probably has her binge studying. I worried still. I needed to hear her voice before the concert.