Sixty-Three

-Tori POV-

"That was so hard." I wept into Sammy's chest. "Oh my god."

I shook from crying my eyes out. I thought I could have done that without breaking down but my heart hurt. I felt like I couldn't even breath.

"Hey it's okay. Its gonna be okay." He whispered and rubbed my back. "Don't cry like this."

"Here you go." Sofia walked in with a cup of tea. "You'll feel better."

Sofia was back in the picture. After Sammy explained the deal to her and that I was having Nates baby - she felt apologetic and came to hang with us.

She was pretty cool. We had become good friends and she even helped trick Nate into thinking Sammy was out on a date so that he would believe I'm in England.

It was fun playing the trick but nobody ended up laughing. I was still a crying pregnant mess.

"Nothing will help this." I sniffed.

Sofia sat beside me. "I promise this won't hurt forever! And you have a new baby coming soon...something to look forward to."

Sammy nodded. "Sofia's right. You still have to enjoy your pregnancy. Its a special time."

"I was supposed to enjoy it with Nate. He wanted a kid so badly." I exhaled sadly.

"Time will make it better." Sammy slung his arm around me. Sofia slid her arm over me too.

They were kind of like my parents.

"I just need some sleep." I said with a heavy sigh.

Sofia shook her head. "First your tea and then some food. Then we can let you get some rest."

Sammy stood up. "I'll order in. What you feeling for?"

I hummed. "Pizza. Lots of it."

Sammy chuckled. "There's the Tori I know."

I managed a smile. At least I wasn't all alone in this. The truth was that I was so afraid of losing Nate that I lost him anyways. I didn't know if I could ever get him back.

"Hey." Sofia said pulling me out of my thoughts. "Nate loves you. You both need some space is all."

I nodded. "I hope that's true. I really hope so."

The truth was that I still loved Nate with all my heart. There was not a single moment when he didn't cross my mind and all our memories came into play. I yearned for him all the time. When I heard his voice my heart went into cardiac arrest. I wanted to hear him again. I wanted to feel his touch. I wanted him.

But I didn't trust him.

And love was not enough with trust.

"Pizza is on the way!" Sammy announced bringing me back to earth. "Let's pop a movie in."

I sighed. "Why are you two so amazing to me."

"Because youre the cutest pregnant lady I've ever met." Sofia giggled. "Seriously."

"I know." I flipped my hair.

Sammy chuckled. "Oh she knows."

It was brief moments like this when I could forget. But then the I'll thoughts came flooding back into mind. And the depression fell into place like a heavy blanket.

-Nate POV-

"I should have realized! I should have been a better friend." Derek said as he paced my room floor.

"We were just having fun." I shrugged numbly - not really hearing what he was saying.

"God this is my fault." Derek shook his head. "We were stupid! I have to call Tori and explain - "

"No." I said. "I have to see her in person, then she'll know."

"You're going to England?"

I shrugged. "Once we get home. I'll call her mom and book a flight."

"Why not leave from here? Its sooner and - "

I shook my head and stood up. "Nah. I think I really hurt Tori this time and she really does need space. I don't wanna give her space but...I'm afraid she's gonna hate me even more."

"She could never hate you." Derek gave me a look.

"You didn't hear the stuff she said man and I know I deserved it but it still hurts like hell."

Derek sighed. "Everything's gonna work out eventually."

"I doubt that." I shrugged. "How do I get back up if she leaves me? She already has and ...it doesn't feel real."

"Because it's not!!" Derek shook my shoulder. "Let's get home and get your wife back."

The kid was hopeful. I guess you never really know when youre in the situation yourself. I tried to have hope but it was all my fault and I've been messing with her feelings.

I would have left me too.

"Alright. Let's get home. I swear to god I'm never coming here again." I said as we grabbed our suitcases.

Derek snorted. "Its too bad luck now."

-

We landed in Cali hours later. A small smile crept on face as I thought of how Tori would have been waiting for me with arms open.

Holding her after months. Inhaling her familiar scent. How warm she was against me. I could almost still taste her lips on mine.

Then the realization that she wasn't even in the same country as I was came into mind. The smile faded before it was even visible. Right now I wanted to get home and catch up on all the sleep I'd lost on this tour.

Something told me, our home wasn't even home anymore. And I wouldn't be able to get sleep with her gone...

"Dude youre holding the line up!" Derek nudged me at baggage claim.

I forced myself to think clearly and be aware of things that I had to do. But all I could think of was Tori and how things had declined so much between us.

The whole time in Barbados I was convinced we wtete good. That we were happy. Was I that off? That I couldn't tell my wife was hurting?

It was too wild.

Derek and I finally parted. I went home and immediately the house felt so empty and large. I hated being there.

The second I put my bag down, my phone rang. I half hoped it would be Tori but it was my mother.

"Nathan!" She yelled. "Where have you been? What are you doing?"

"Mom relax! I just got home." I said calmly. "Just lost my phone for a few days."

"Lost your phone? You've lost your mind too! Tori called me last week, devastated and worried...I've been trying to reach you."

"Well I'm home so relax!" I said. "I'm okay, Tori knows I'm fine."

"Then why hasn't she been answering our calls this week!" My mother demanded in frustration. "We heard she went to find out the gender of the baby and - "

"Mom not now please." I closed my eyes at that reminder.

"She hadn't told us!" Mom went on and on regardless. "I'm sure she told you - "

"She didn't." I said sourly.

That got my mom quiet.

"I tried to call the doctor but he said Tori didn't want anyone else to know." I said again. "She isn't even here mom!"

"What do you mean?"

"She left! She left me cause I screwed it all up...she went home a few days ago as far as I know!" I yelled, feeling my throat close.

"But she - "

"I gotta go. See you later mom." I said bleekly and ended the call.