Seventy

-Tori POV-

Nate and I were having a tough time on girl names. The fact that my family and his family kept chipping in with names made it even worse. We wanted to take all ideas but...

"Yo yo mama." Sammy came bouncing into the room.

It's been two days since Nate and I had our dinner. Things between us were very much calm and he was back to his old self again. No excessive drinking unless it was a party. He even sent occasional texts to make sure i was okay.

"What's good Wilks?" I looked up from a book of baby names.

Sammy plopped on the bed and chuckled a little. "You're looking in a Christian book for names?"

I shrugged. "Well Nate and I aren't very religious but we believe."

"Hey I'm not hating." He held his hands up. "I think its pretty cute. And you know Sammy is a unisex name."

I laughed. "There are too many girl Sammy's out there! No offense to them but our baby doesn't seem like a Samantha."

He shrugged. "You hurt my feelings."

"I'm sorry." I mocked his voice and fluffed his already crazy bedhair.

We both laughed. A look flashed in his eyes briefly as he looked up at me with wonder. That look. I've been getting it ever since that moment where I imagined being kissed my him.

There was no feelings after all. I just missed Nate too much. And now looking back on the inagine, I felt awkward and uneasy. Not to mention that Sammy was acting out a lot. And it was getting a tad bit weird.

"Hey! I was thinking we could head out of town for the weekend." Sammy said after a few minutes.

"Where to?" I asked. Despite the whole deal between us, that sounded like a good plan and a lot of fun.

"Since you're pregnant, we can't really fly or do a couple hours. Maybe just out of town?"

I shrugged. "I don't know Sammy."

"I invited Jade! Sofia and I made up so it'll be fun." Sammy shook my foot. "My sister and brothers are coming! Even Jack and Madison."

Sofia? I cringed. The last encounter with her wasn't very nice. She basically accused me of ruining the relationship between her and Sammy. I felt guilty.

But atleast Sammy was still into her and maybe I was reading his vibe too wrong here. So I mulled it over. Since being pregnant I didn't even enjoy going out much.

"Alright. I'll think about it!" I said. "But first I gotta get to this doctors appointment today."

"I'll take you." Sammy offered.

I winced. "Uhm actually...Nate wanted to go this time. He hasn't seen her much since we took a break and things."

Lie. Lie. Lie.

Sammy looked wounded. But he played it off cool and shrugged. "No big deal. I just want you there and back, alright?"

My eyes widened. Before I could even disagree and complain, Sammy got up and walked out with stiff shoulders. I guess he was pretty serious.

-

"Oh my god." Nate did a little shimmy as we entered the doctors building.

I laughed. "Never do that again."

"You love the shimmying." Nate shot me a dark look. I tried to hide my smile by looking away. He still made my heart want to jump out of my chest.