Fifty-Six

-Nate POV-

"Tori?" I called her as she gazed into space, her eyes fixed on nothing in particular.

She didn't respond. I don't even think she could hear me, being so focused on thoughts.

"Babe?" I slid my arm around her shoulder gently.

Tori jumped from shock and recoiled from me. "What?"

I held my hands up and raised my brow at her. She exhaled and shifted back to me, not fully but closer than before.

"God, I'm sorry." She touched my arm softly. "You just scared me."

"We've been sitting in this car for about 15 minutes." I said, giving her a worried look. "Are you okay?"

She nodded quickly. "Of course I am." I caught the unsteadiness in her voice though. Tori averted her eyes, not even able to look at me.

"Babe I'm here." I ran my hand over her back, watching her expression soften a little.

"Nate, I'm fine." She smiled and leaned closer, pressing her lips to mine slowly, almost agonizingly.

I pulled her a little closer, her legs slid over mine as the kiss deepened. She grabbed my hair in her fist, making me moan into the kiss. She tastes like vanilla and chocolate - making me dizzy.

Tori pulled away. "I love you so much, I really do."

I chuckled. "I love you too baby."

She kept her eyes on anything but me and it still concerned me. Like she was here but not here at all.

"Babe." I lifted her chin. "Whats wrong? I can see it in your face?"

Suddenly, she smiles widely and even laughs a little. "Really, what could be wrong when we have each other? I couldn't be happier."

I smiled and brushed her cheek with my finger. "You're so special to me. Never forget that."

"And so are you love." Tori nodded.

Just then, the car stopped outside the ice rink. Tori smiled with glee and got out before I could even open my door. I loved her enthusiasm and followed suit.

"I'm so excited for this!" Tori clapped her hands, seemed like she was back to her normal self now. I was relieved.

"Better calm down before you get hurt baby." I slid my hands over her shoulder, massaging her gently.

"Finally you guys are here!" Derek said walking up to us from the entrance and hugging Tori tightly.

Tori began to explain. "We were - "

"Don't really wanna know." Derek said pinching her cheeks gently. Tori laughed and punched him. I was glad to see them on good terms now - thinking there had been tension.

Tori was smiling now, we linked hands just another car rolled up. I guessed it was Justin and some of his friends and was correct.

"Yo yo!" Justin announced as he stepped out of the car. As quick as lightening, a million fans swarmed him which wasn't what I was expecting.

While next to me, Tori's entire demeanor changed - she tensed and looked at him with dark and angry eyes. I was about to ask her when a sea of fangirls pulled Derek and I in.

I had to let Tori's hand go.

-

"They're so crazy! I love it." Derek laughed and fixed his snapback as we walked into the ice rink.