Forty-Five

Shawn - Roses 💕
______________________

-Tori POV-

I woke up in an empty bed.

As I rolled over, Nate wasn't there and I felt a pang of sadness but also a wave of relief. I wasn't ready to talk anything out now but I wanted him to be there anyways.

I got up and stretched. My body was sore but a good kind of sore. I blushed at the thought of Nate and last night came back in flashes. My body still felt shakey and vulnerable.

Quickly, I showered and changed into a white bikini. I let my hair loose - haven't straightened it since the vacation started it was starting to get crazy. I slid on my shades and then walked out to the dining area. It was like a ritual, meeting there every morning.

But when I got there, Nate was the only one sitting at the table. He looked up at me as I walked in - a small smile across his tanned face.

"Where's everyone?" I asked.

"Its 11:30 already." Nate stood up and waited for me to walk up to him. "I didn't want to wake you."

Nate pulled me into a hug. And it seemed to have picked up every broken piece between us. His arms were around my shoulders as I buried myself in his chest, never wanting to leave.

"We have to talk about it." I whispered against his chest. "Eventually."

Nate sighed. "I know we do but for now I just wanna hold you babe."

"Please." I sniffed and held him tighter and closer. "Don't let me go."

"You know I never will." Nate ran his fingers through my hair. "I promise you this."

-

Nate and I had walked up to a small cafe near the villa to have breakfast. I was itchy to talk about everything now. I was so done being confused and wondering what Nate was feeling.

"I'll have a coffee." I asked the waiter with a smile. "Just a coffee."

Nate ordered a large breakfast special and milkshake. "You don't want anything else?"

I shook my head. "I'm not really hungry right now."

"What's wrong?" Nate slid his hands to mine. "You don't wanna talk? We can do this later."

"Its not that." I shrugged. "I just...I miss you and I miss how things were and I feel like we can never get them back."

Nate frowned. "You know that's not true Tori. We got a little part back last night or at least I did."

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

Nate cleared his throat. "The whole reason why I couldn't face you or even look at you...was because all I could see was Cameron."

I looked at him sharply.

"Knowing he even...touched you killed me inside Tori. It scared me and I hated to admit it." Nate pulled his hand away and rubbed his face. "It messed me up and had me thinking you didn't care about me anymore."

"You don't trust me."

"I don't trust myself." Nate said. "I can't trust my feelings because you control them now. When I knew I love you, I let you take over. And I don't regret it. Its the best thing that could have happened to me."

I looked down. "I don't want to make you feel that way anymore."

"I'm not blaming you." Nate said and tapped my chin. "I'm telling you that I'm so crazy about you. Every small thing hits me up and I can't...I don't know how to deal with it."

"You know I don't have feelings for Cam or anyone for that matter." I said with a smile. "You're the only guy I see."

Nate smiled. "You know you're too good for me Tori, you're so strong and I feel like someday you're gonna be tired of this."

"I'm always tired." I chuckled, stood up and sat beside Nate, sliding my arms around his neck. "But never of you."

"My life." Nate ran his thumb across my jawline. "My everything."

"Are we okay?" I asked him, closing my eyes as his breathing tickled my cheek.

Nate smiled. "We're always gonna be okay babe."

I pecked his lips softly. There was a sense of calm and relief between us - the fact that we clarified our feelings. It was just a misunderstanding. Of course we would always have fights but as long as we're okay.

The waiter brought my coffee and Nates food over. She smiled and walked off leaving us alone again. I sipped my coffee. Nate dug into his food.

"Come on." He said chewing his food and holding up a fork. "Eat up."

"I'm not hungry - "

"You need food." He gave me a stern look and held the fork up.

I groaned. "Okay mom."

We ended sharing his plate, talking and joking and messing around. Each time he laughed, his dimple showed and I found myself falling even more in love with him each second.

"You feeling okay?" Nate asked, wiping sauce on my chin.

I nodded. "I love you."

"I love you more." He chuckled lightly and pulled me into his arms. "I really do though."

-Nate POV-

"Thank the heavens you two kids finally made up." Swazz sighed as Tori and made it back to the villa that afternoon after doing some sight seeing.

Everyone was lounging out at the pool enjoying the second last day of our vacation. We'd be leaving soon and it bummed me out that we had wasted a few days arguing.

"Because it was so awkward." Johnson snickered.

Nash laughed. "So dramatic the way you guys looked at each other then away again."

We all laughed. It was kind of funny in retrospect but thinking about how we would have been stuck in a bad place still scared me.

"Shut up Grier." Nate made a face at Nash who looked hurt but flipped Nate off.

Nate collapsed on a lounge chair and pulled me down with him. He ruffled my hair, making me nudge him gently. Nate pulled me against him - planting soft kisses on my shoulder.

Everything felt like it was back to normal.